Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
traps (Read 3898 times)
lordivanthe5th

The Games...The Romance...The
Spirit...Camelo t is

traps
Jul 21st, 2005 at 8:16pm

um i dont no if this would go here i dont really no if its considered a wepoin but what the hay
how can i make a simple animal trap for an animal around the size of a cat?
i can only find traps for sale on google eny good sites on trap making?

Many have died, last week, on these streets. In the basement of this building, you will find them. I have given them the last rites, now, you do what you will. You are stronger than us... But soon, I think they be stronger than you. When the dead walk, seņores, we must stop the killing... or lose the war. &&-dawn of the dead ~1978~&&
lordivanthe5th  
IP Logged

Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Re: traps
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2005 at 10:03pm

Try a good ol punji stick. I dont know if an animal would fall for it though. Are you trying to get revenge on the neighbor's cat?

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 4:54am

There are probably loads of good sites on trap making, but surely you have a survival guide that tell you some traps?  Are you trying to kill the cat, or just catch it?  If you want to kill it, deadfall, Samson's deadfall, primitive spring loaded bear trap, throat snare (that might not kill it, but if you leave it long enough...), all of them will work.  If you just want to catch it, then use a leg-hold snare, that kind of thing.  Be imaginative!

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 10:31am

www.buckshotscamp.com

A good realisic trapping site. He explains how primative trapping is a waste of time. I think it is fun to play around with but if you need to get an animal now do it with real traps. Buckshot will help you with anything you need.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 12:03pm

I don't know... we managed to empty a continent of small mammals without stainless aircraft cable and forged slip ring locking devices.

Most animals that live in near people these days are pretty sure of themselves, and are used to the smell of humans, man-made things and food. You can get away with pretty slack technique, and don't need to pay particular attention to their habits - essential with wild animals.

There are a half dozen trigger mechanisms that form the basis for most primitive traps. The actual trapping part can be anything that will get the job done. Hope you are planning to live-capture kitty?

Matthias

IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2005 at 2:50pm

i hate when people have a go at primitive tools only cause they dont work first time everytime humans would have never advanced and games wont exist if people had to only think about surviving the next day

listen to old people

IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2005 at 2:56pm

in england the self locking snars are ilegal and most use wire from bycicles and fences for foxs persomally i like to yous yucca or nettle as it tends to lock itself wire trys to spring back

listen to old people

IP Logged

lordivanthe5th

The Games...The Romance...The
Spirit...Camelo t is

Reply #7 - Jul 24th, 2005 at 8:31pm

thanks guys my freand senty me  good sight though so i am good now

Many have died, last week, on these streets. In the basement of this building, you will find them. I have given them the last rites, now, you do what you will. You are stronger than us... But soon, I think they be stronger than you. When the dead walk, seņores, we must stop the killing... or lose the war. &&-dawn of the dead ~1978~&&
lordivanthe5th  
IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #8 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 3:55am

Do you know how to set a bow-trap?

I do not know.

IP Logged

Arkanii
Descens

Get back, I can sling!

Reply #9 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 1:39pm

Does any one know a website with instructuions on how to build a simple trap? If yes please post it.

BlackSnow28  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #10 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 2:56pm

IP Logged

Arkanii
Descens

Get back, I can sling!

Reply #11 - Jul 29th, 2005 at 4:37am

Thanks Gun Wink

BlackSnow28  
IP Logged

person3

maryland
Reply #12 - Aug 25th, 2005 at 7:45am

I know a book called "how to stay alive in the woods" I dont remember the authors name though 8)

"you have to be a little bit skeptical or else you'll start believing in things like UFOs or elves or income tax rebates."-Monk&&
rocket idiot  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #13 - Aug 25th, 2005 at 10:39am

How to Stay Alive in the Woods: A Complete Guide to Food, Shelter and Self-Preservation Anywhere by Bradford Angier 

here is a link on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1579122213/qid=1124980743/sr=8-1/r...

IP Logged

slingerkid

Job 39-42

Taranaki, New Zealand
Reply #14 - Oct 6th, 2005 at 1:15am

The Earth moved, and the object hit the universe, as a chair, hitting the object. The crowd leaves to avoid itself. You are of the dream you once had tomorrow. Let go of the hand that holds itself, and it will let go of yourself.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)