Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The sport of hurling a sling (Read 2577 times)
Vicente
Descens

Judge referee of the FBTF

Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Is
The sport of hurling a sling
Jul 11th, 2005 at 11:21am

Hello to all,

I have not been active for a long time in this forum, because I don't have available time, my excuses.

In certain occasion, I mentioned in this forum that de Balearic Federation of Shot with Sling (Federacio Balear de Tir de Fona) had an official regulation for the competitions that we organize, and presented in its day to the Internacional Olympic Committee.

This is the only admitted official regulation and approved by the Spanish authorities and known so far.

This regulates finally has been translated to the English language.

If somebody is interested in having the aforementioned regulation, it can download from our  web page
http://www.tirdefona.com/Normas/normasingles.htm this regulation is available so much in Word or in PDF format.

If somebody needs to contact with me, can write to my private email vicente@vipapi.com

Once again I apologize for my faulty English

Greetings,
Vicente

Greetings,&&Vicente

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Re: The sport of hurling a sling
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2005 at 12:34pm

Hey great to have you back Vicente! Nice to see that the FBTF is updating it's webpage - our window into your world.

For all the newer types on slinging.org, it is really worth a visit to . Some of the sections have been translated, but for much of site you are better off browsing the Catalan versions.

BTW - Vicente is a judge/referee for the Balearic Slinging Organisation.

Matthias

IP Logged

me

I sling therefore I am.

Rowlett, TX, USA
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2005 at 2:12pm

Vicente, thanks for that info. I was wondering about the rule where you must swing at least two full circles before you cast. Do you know the reason behind this rule? thanks in advance, Me.

IP Logged

Vicente
Descens

Judge referee of the FBTF

Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Is
Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 9:59am

Hello me,

Responding to their question, Do you know the reason behind this rule? :

The reason is that it was considered in the moment to edit the regulation (1979-80) that a modality should be impeded that used the shepherds that it was to rush without turning below the arm, since it was very not aesthetic.

The most puristic, considers that the essence of the launching with sling is the turn.

Some historians and philologists believe that the Balearic word (BALEAR in spanish lenguage) comes from the word "turning" (VOLTEAR in spanish lenguage) 

The two turns in fact are a previous turn and the characteristic of the launching.

I don't know if you will understand it, in all ways you are free of applying or not our regulation.

Greetings,
Vicente

Quote:
Vicente, thanks for that info. I was wondering about the rule where you must swing at least two full circles before you cast. Do you know the reason behind this rule? thanks in advance, Me.

Greetings,&&Vicente

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus)