Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Innovations Compilations Section of Slinging.org (Read 3791 times)
Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Re: Innovations Compilations Section of Slinging.o
Reply #15 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 4:54pm

i have an idea that coud easily be abused and misused, so i'm asking all protesters, demnostrators, ans such to rather demonstrate and protest by throwing their own poo by their own hands, rather than some more dangerous projectile.

ok. make a braid from natural strings - from natural materials (this is important since sinthetic materials are more sensitive to heat).
make a wrist loop and a release knot, but with no pouch. (the knot shouldn't be too big)

and that's it!

now all you need is ammo.

any mug, or bottle or container with a holder that you can get the release knot comfortably will suffice. now just - sling it.

if you sling flaming projectiles this way soak your sling in water, so that it dosen't get demaged from the flames, AND ALLWAYS MAKE SHURE THAT THE CORDS ARE NOT ENTANGLED, AND THAT THE RELEASE WILL GO SMOOTHLEY (that the knot dosen't get cought in the hande, and that the container dosen't yank back at you)

DON'T USE IT IN ANY AREA WHERE YOU MAY CAUSE HARM, OR DEMAGE SOMEONE'S PROPERTY, SOMEONE, OR SOMETHING.
ALSO MAKE SURE THAT EVEN WHEN CONSIDERING THE THINGS ABOVE, THIS IS OK WITH YOUR LOCAL OR FEDERAL LAW.

and, please don't try this unless you are ready AND CAPABLE to take responsibility for your actions.

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

slinginginmass
Descens

Memorize A440

massachusetts
Reply #16 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 7:57pm

I've never felt a piece of paracord. I like natural fibers because I find that they hold a knot very well(mostly). Does paracord hold knots well and does it come in different thicknesses?

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #17 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 8:32pm

i have felt fake para cord, but not the real stuff.  it knots pretty well, but if you are not careful it can pull out.  i also like natural fibers, but you can't beat some of the properties of modern cord, like rot resistence and incredible tensile strength per its size and weight

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #18 - Aug 29th, 2006 at 5:09pm

The stuff that we all have been calling "paracord" is nylon utility cord.  Utility cord and paracord are basically the same construction: a braided nylon mantle, around some number of "kern" or "core" strands.  Most of the stuff I have used, has 3 kern strands and is about 3 millimeters in diameter.  I have also used cord that has 7 kern strands, and is about 4 millimeters in diameter.

Real parachute cord (MIL-C-5040H TYPE III) is like the 7-strand-core cord, but made to more exacting standards.  It is supposed to have a tensile strength of 550 pounds, minimum.

Any nylon cord is going to be rather slippery.  It holds some knots well, however: the palomar knot and the perfection knot are two that I have used, and they have not slipped.  Even so, I do something to keep the knot from slipping: after the knot is worked down, I cut off the end fairly close to where it enters the knot, and then melt it into a little ball that is thicker than the cord.  That way the  end of the cord resists getting sucked into the knot, if things start to slip.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #19 - Aug 29th, 2006 at 5:38pm

also, after you set the knot, almost any knot will hold with nylon cord like that.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #20 - Jan 4th, 2007 at 7:16am

I felt "real" paracord in the army...some of it even got tangled around my feet as I was hanging upside down from the chute canopy at about 1200 ft.  It wasn't much fun, as I recall, but it certainly was exciting at the time! Shocked  The UDT 21 guys I was rooming with said that they were really impressed at the way I kept my head, and extracted myself from the situation and dealing with a triple parachute malfunction and coming out of it without so much as a scratch...except for that ?@&%-ed six-inch-by-two-inch strawberry riser burn across my the front of my neck and throat!  It was raw, and kept me up all night.  Every time that I moved, it felt like I was cutting my throat on a piece of razor-sharp, flaming coral dipped in something caustic!

Overall, I guess it was a pretty good time, though, overall.

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Kick, Chris, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)