Send Topic Print
Forum Updates (Read 3800 times)
Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Forum Updates
Mar 20th, 2005 at 12:42pm

Some of you might have noticed the forum went down for a bit Sunday (March 20th).  I tried to debug some of the buggy behavior since the newer forum software went live during the last site revision.  Hopefully somethings are better.  Still don't know why the login doesn't stick when you come back.  Might have to do something with the new hosting company....

Let me know if you have any problems,
Chris

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: Forum Updates
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2005 at 7:35pm

Thanks Chris,

All that you do is much appreciated!

The login sticks now.

tint

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 7:50pm

Really? Doesn't for me.  Anyone else have any luck?

Chris

IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 9:21pm

A bit 'fickle' but I generally have good success at staying logged in....who knows why.

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2005 at 2:54am

Dear Chris,

Could the new service have anything to do with why I can't access my speed slinging and other videos posted here under "Rapid Fire"?  Are you having the same problems?

Sincerely,

magnumslinger

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2005 at 2:31am

I've also added three new links to the forum title bar.  A new page on how to post images, a way to get back to the main page, and a way to contact me. Smiley

Magnumslinger,

The movies weren't migrated when the site switched servers.  I've re-uploaded them, so you should be set. 

Chris

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2005 at 10:00am

Thanks for all the work Chris!

By the way, Is nwmanitow's figure 8 sling video accessable? I haven't been able to get it to work. It may be just me?

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 10:37am

Where is the address/link?  In a post or an article?

Chris

IP Logged

nwmanitou

Utah, USA
Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 2:16pm

Here is the applicable Thread: http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=10819155... I still have a copy of the video on my computer if needed.

And btw, I have one more final to take then suddenly I find myself with some free time. I'm finally going to put that article together on the slinging style I use with new, higher quality video, from several angles, and with brightly colored ammo. And, if I get get Johnny's permission I want to include his illustrated diagram as well.

IP Logged

VoiceInWilderness

Exodus 3:7

Midwest
Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 3:18pm

JUICY!

Just a thought.....integrating a high brightness light and slinging at dusk or smoke generation in daylight would be impressive.

The "lightning Flash" strobe fireworks work very well here.

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/reviews/sss.htm

Even better, (for the do it yourselfer) is drilling your ammo and packing with the following and allowing to harden around a small fuse:

http://www.unitednuclear.com/strobe.htm

Timing the fuse is easily accomplished with a bit of trial and error and has posed no real hazard in my setups.  But then, I use a pocket with a 1/2" hole in the bottom.  I am sure it could easily be made to work reliably in other setups as well.

Haven't tried smoke in ball ammo, yet.

VIW

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 3:48pm

Ooooo... calm day, big field, smoke ammo, good photographer. What a set of pics those would be!

Matthias

IP Logged

VoiceInWilderness

Exodus 3:7

Midwest
Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 4:12pm

Or how about a sling dart with lipstick video camera and transmitter with split mirror taking footage during release and back toward the slinger as well as forward during flight....played back in partial slow motion during sling event....ramping up to full speed soon after launch....

Oh, and still with smoke, of course!

Could be a great sling season, following the winter of my discontent....

8)

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 5:04pm

Anybody watch leg 2 of the "Milan Derby" Champion's League quarter final? I'm a little curious as to why flares (or drums, or chanting for that matter) haven't ever caught on in North America. Makes for pretty darned impressive footage.

Combine the smoke/flare ammo, some of your pyro flashes and the night slinging thread and we're starting to push the limits of how much excitement a simple slinging fan can stand! I bet your video dart would get some pretty cool footage if you wedged a chunk of "white" flare for local illumination and then heaved it down the flight path of a half dozen "smokers"

Matthias

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 8:02am

dang...well i was trying to surprise you guys with some smoke bomb tracer ammo by mixeing up this recipe http://www.unitednuclear.com/smoke.htm then adding the smoke bomb inside one of my clay glands, but i guess you had the idea before i could get them made Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, David Morningstar)