charred cloth (Read 968 times)
Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
charred cloth
Mar 20th, 2005 at 3:31am

Yesterday i finally maked some charred cloth  (denim jeans cotton fabric) to use it as a firestarter with some kind of sparkling device... It works great!! very easy to get  a nice ember with the sparks of any flint lighter (zippo, clipper etc)  then i just placed the embered charred cloth on a tinder nest, blowed it gently and i got flames in a short time Smiley
I like clipper's flint/steel module, it's tiny and very easy to replace flint when worn out... flints are also tiny and cheap (3 cents of euro each) they come in a little container of 10 flints and that is zillions and zillions of spark showers.
Today i will try to light one of those charred cloth bits with a magnifier (if it's not too cloudy) Grin I'll try to post some pics of the clipper  lighter's sparkling module

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Re: charred cloth
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2005 at 5:14am

Lighting char cloth with a magnifying glass was easy... i used a little one my compass have, it's plastic about  2 inches diameter, it was not bright sun , a bit of morning mist at 10:00 am but it worked ok in a few secs  Grin now i carry an hermetic 100cc plastic container with a few pieces of char cloth as firestarter backup in my outdoor bag  Grin

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark)