Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
proof of a sling addict (Read 14926 times)
bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Re: proof of a sling addict
Reply #75 - Oct 4th, 2006 at 8:21pm

Ooooooooooooooh!............................I'm hurt!!! I've just been hit with a 1/2 kilo of Dutch rocks!!!!!!!!!! Wink Grin

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #76 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 7:47am

Cry

You made the American Pounds feel bad!

poor things think they are only half as good...

Grin SlingWolf Grin

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #77 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 9:46am

Wolf, cut down on the sugar and caffiene, will you? Undecided

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Lard_Kebabar

pew pew

Finland
Reply #78 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 1:12pm

Only silly people use pounds. I mean, nobody thinks like: "Just one kilo equals 2,2 or so of those measly pounds", instead we think that: "a pound is 0.453 kilos, and that's way less than a kilo. Pounds for the lose", right?
kilos > pounds

Still I can't deny that pounding things is good fun, and I don't really know how to 'kilo'. I suppose both have strong points. So whatever floats your teaset. (or silly teaset if you prefer pounds...)

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he'll eat for weeks!

IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #79 - Oct 9th, 2006 at 7:58pm

Lard... Do you know the kilo= .453 lbs thing by heart... Or did you look it up... because uhhh... strange...

Then again im strange too, i know the number of feet in a mile and i remember it with fried tomato (5280)

And btw badger...

I will never rest! Sugar and COFFEE

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #80 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 12:10pm

yes you do rest, and when you do you snore so loud, you rattle the windows out of the panes Angry

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Lard_Kebabar

pew pew

Finland
Reply #81 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 2:26pm

Quote:
Lard... Do you know the kilo= .453 lbs thing by heart... Or did you look it up... because uhhh... strange...

Then again im strange too, i know the number of feet in a mile and i remember it with fried tomato (5280)

And btw badger...

I will never rest! Sugar and COFFEE

I just happen to remember the kilo to pound ratio. I don't think it's particularly strange though... But then I suppose I don't think It's strange at all that I like Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. (Well, more like I'm a fanboy of the highest order really. Not like cultism and stuff however, just clenching my fists, obsession, accusing all naysayers of heresy, the usual...  [I want a Bardiche keychain! And some of those nifty figures on my table! If only there were ones without gratuitous a*se... But alas, such are nigh nonexistent, for the japanese seem to be obsessed with plastic buttocks... Not healthy. Not healthy at all... Angry])

Coffee and sugar? I approve as long as they're kept separate. Why ruin a perfectly good coffee with sugar? I cannot begin to fathom the reasons for that. It's just wrong in all ways. I myself did that mistake a few times, but coffee without sugar is and will always be far superior.

By the by, what is this thread supposed about? Because I haven't the foggiest. Cheesy

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he'll eat for weeks!

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #82 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 5:02pm

about putting forward examples that you are a sling addict   Wink But no worries hijacking threads seems to be a sign of sling addiction as wel..we all do it Grin Embarrassed

Taiki  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #83 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 10:26pm

Quote:
I just happen to remember the kilo to pound ratio. I don't think it's particularly strange though... But then I suppose I don't think It's strange at all that I like Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. (Well, more like I'm a fanboy of the highest order really. Not like cultism and stuff however, just clenching my fists, obsession, accusing all naysayers of heresy, the usual...  [I want a Bardiche keychain! And some of those nifty figures on my table! If only there were ones without gratuitous a*se... But alas, such are nigh nonexistent, for the japanese seem to be obsessed with plastic buttocks... Not healthy. Not healthy at all... Angry])

Coffee and sugar? I approve as long as they're kept separate. Why ruin a perfectly good coffee with sugar? I cannot begin to fathom the reasons for that. It's just wrong in all ways. I myself did that mistake a few times, but coffee without sugar is and will always be far superior.

By the by, what is this thread supposed about? Because I haven't the foggiest. Cheesy

What da H*ll is he talkin about??????? ???

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #84 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 12:37am

BigKahuna,

Read the topic from the start, maybe some of it will start to make sense ... but then again, if this topic starts to make sense, it is a sign that you are a sling addict!

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Lard_Kebabar

pew pew

Finland
Reply #85 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 1:50am

Quote:
BigKahuna,

Read the topic from the start, maybe some of it will start to make sense ... but then again, if this topic starts to make sense, it is a sign that you are a sling addict!

Yes, the thread makes perfect sense indeed, don't it? Smuggling stones in a plane, wrecking things, money, weight unit superiority and lamentations about snoring and unnecessary plastic a*ses. All that and more in the same compact 9 page package. Spiffy!

There was also discussion about concealing slings on a plane. I say the best way to do that if you have a leather pouch is to simply use the sling as an eyepatch. It works AND looks stylish.

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #86 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 4:20am

It was the stuff about the plastic buttocks that got me. ???

John Walker  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #87 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 7:52am

right - so lobo brought back 120lbs of rocks on a plane.
Umm, just what kind of humoungous luggage allowance do you people have on domestic flights ?
We only get 20kg (44 english pounds) on international flights.
I am now officially impressed lol :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Lard_Kebabar

pew pew

Finland
Reply #88 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 1:38pm

Quote:
It was the stuff about the plastic buttocks that got me. ???

Yes, I'm sure that... got you alright. What I was talking about was those them there plasticcy PVC something or the other figurines they make in Japan a lot. Usually about 20cm tall, look like characters from popular anime, then people buy them for some obscure reason. All fine and dandy.

But the people making them seem to always make them so that there's some a*se or panties like: "IN YO FACE!"
I've got nothing against a*ses or panties in particular, neither have ever maimed me or anything like that, but that sort of thing just isn't something I'd like on my desk. Besides, even I myself would probably give me weird looks. Grin

I hear some of them have removable clothes too, and that's kind of really creepy in a very bad way. Would probably get troublesome too... *clonk* "What what? Oh hell's bells! Not again! Those bloody clothes fell down again... Alright... Duct tape time! Too bad I'll never see the figurine itself." No spank you. I want a nice looking figurine, not a plastic a*se that has dangerous small parts. Undecided

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #89 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 9:16pm

Wellllll, if you're into THAT sort of thing, Playboy used to make some pretty nice figurines of some of their centerfolds. If I recall right they were about 18" tall and anatomically correct. Roll Eyes

John Walker  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Chris, Kick)