Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
proof of a sling addict (Read 14982 times)
lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Re: proof of a sling addict
Reply #15 - Jan 23rd, 2005 at 8:28pm

these round obsidians are more like dull marbles than sharp and dangerous sorry tech

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #16 - Jan 23rd, 2005 at 8:53pm

I was referencing volcanic glass obsidian in my post, should've made that clear. 

I do recall seeing them knapped into rough football shapes at the end of clubs in the past.

aside from being highly problematic and costly to produce......would make for an interesting and exotic experiment!

Cheesy

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #17 - Jan 23rd, 2005 at 9:00pm

thes are volcanic glass  this is volcano country mnt saint helens is just up the road and every mountain around here is a volcano but these were form by the river but not too the point of polish i also have some ingous glands formed in the same manor much more comon

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #18 - Jan 23rd, 2005 at 9:14pm

Then I'm sure you can appreciate what a good, close up slow mo movie clip of an obsidian football impacting a cement wall at high speed, would look like..... Smiley

I have never seen these river made obsidian 'marbles' before, care to post a pic?!

Smiley

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #19 - Jan 24th, 2005 at 6:07am

will do once i find some more

IP Logged

Alan

Legendary (Sort of) Slinger

USA
Reply #20 - Jan 26th, 2005 at 12:01am

About airplanes
dude.... if they catch you just say it's a belt or some traditional necklace or something (if it's braided),
If not, be creative!

51!/\/93|2 4/\/|) _||_|9913|2
WWW bobjoey2003 bobjoey2003  
IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Reply #21 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 9:22am

go to a glass making place and see if they will mold some foor you or if you have a hot enough forge try that and to make them sharp just knpp the ends

listen to old people

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #22 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 6:12pm

I am kinda happy with these when I find them just the way they are. All of my forges get up to 3000 degrees glass often forms from sand thst has gotten in with the fuel. as for the napping I have A lot of buddy's who do quite a bit of napping. I have asked a couple to make me some obsidian gland's. none has got aroung to it yet.

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #23 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 11:08pm

Lobohunter, britishslinger, tint, you guys crack me up. 

Chris

IP Logged

Terry

Reply #24 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 6:47pm

ill show you an addict. everyday this summer after working construction me and another worker would sling rocks into woods behind the work shop. one day we were slinging and cops showed up and we hid our slings in our pants, we talked our way out of the ordeal bot about a month later we got a call from the local police department telling us that we were faceing up to 6 months in jail and a 1000 dollar fine for crimeinal damaging becaus we were videotaped in the act. with our luck the day we were videotaped nothing was added to the thousands of dollars of damage done to the parking lot full of cars 160 yards over the woods, so we just got off with a 350 dollar fine and a slap on the ass.

IP Logged

Terry

Reply #25 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 6:48pm

by the way i still sling in that neighborhood

IP Logged

user12191

Reply #26 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 8:31pm

Quote:
ill show you an addict. everyday this summer after working construction me and another worker would sling rocks into woods behind the work shop. one day we were slinging and cops showed up and we hid our slings in our pants, we talked our way out of the ordeal bot about a month later we got a call from the local police department telling us that we were faceing up to 6 months in jail and a 1000 dollar fine for crimeinal damaging becaus we were videotaped in the act. with our luck the day we were videotaped nothing was added to the thousands of dollars of damage done to the parking lot full of cars 160 yards over the woods, so we just got off with a 350 dollar fine and a slap on the ass.

Woah, lucky you! I feel bad about the last time I hit something other than a target with my sling. I was walking home[from school] with some friends and just casually lobbed a rock about 80 yards over some houses. I heard a loud thump, kind of like a water splash mixed with a knock on a hollow piece of wood. A few minutes later, I heard an ambulance screech on over to a house a few houses over on that row of houses[she sells sea shells bye the sea shore.... Wink]. Me and a few friends were still hanging out a few dozen feet from where I lobbed the rock, and needless to say, we high tailed it out of there. I didn't get caught, but I still feel sorry for the poor person in their backyard.

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #27 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 9:57pm

Be responsible when you sling! Shocked

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #28 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 10:06pm

Yeah,  I get it. 

Man,  I WAS born in the wrong millenia.

Or continent at least.....

Sometimes I wonder if I have a Single Passion that isn't deemed rebellious by the purveyors of....

'Human Freedom' these days.

8)

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

user12191

Reply #29 - Feb 5th, 2005 at 10:13pm

Quote:
Be responsible when you sling! Shocked

Don't worry; after that I have been much more careful. And thankfully, that was the only time I know of where I actually damaged someone/something with my sling.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Morphy, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Chris)