Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
A wicked shield (Read 6469 times)
Mike_R
Funditor

Re: A wicked shield
Reply #30 - Nov 29th, 2004 at 1:56pm

Bad news folks. We had a couple of frosts now those turtles are probably hibernating. I think I'll wait for the spring then catch 'em when they come up on the road to get some sun. Its a lot easier to catch them when they arn't in the water.

IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Nov 29th, 2004 at 5:45pm

only time i ever caught a turtle was when its head was flattened on a road, and there was a pretty empty shell sitting there .

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Nov 30th, 2004 at 11:44am

I was watching a Natural World documentary on BBC2 that was about "the last river rat", Kenny Salwey, who lives on the Mississippi river, hunting, trapping, fishing, gathering, &c.  Very interesting.  And it went through the seasons, starting in winter.  Every year he kills one snapping turtle to eat:  He just reached into the river mud under the ice and pulled out a turtle.  So I don't think it is impossible to get a turtle in winter.  A little difficult, but if you persevere....

IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Nov 30th, 2004 at 6:21pm

.... you succeed

IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Reply #34 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 5:41am

i saw that to

listen to old people

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 1:09pm

I thought it was great.  The guy even had a cool voice.  Lovely photography as well.

IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Dec 2nd, 2004 at 5:57pm

hey english

i looked up what kills fish when the charge or dynamite explodes...
and i found out that the dynamite sort of damages the inner ear, what they use to keep balance, and so it is like making a normail human idiot really dizzy.
then the "balance" type sensors are a bit screwed up, so it paralyzed.

in other dumber terms it just stuns them, unles the charge fellon its back and it blew into chum...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)