Send Topic Print
A wicked shield (Read 6453 times)
Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Re: A wicked shield
Reply #15 - Nov 26th, 2004 at 8:17am

i bet not too many. i would renforce it.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Reply #16 - Nov 26th, 2004 at 10:10am

how about a noose on a stick then you can hold it without touching it safe .
it will need re-enforcement they get through them with machetes you could hacksaw the square segments off and attatch them to a piece of boiled rawhide for a shield . or cut it into segments and sew them to a leather glove makeing guentlets

listen to old people

IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 11:55am

Quote:
Yeah, that's the basic principle of grenade fishing.  However, I thought that the shockwaves work because they rupture the swim bladders of the fish, and turtles have no swim bladders, so... it might not work.  Be nice to give it a go though.

Grenades do NOT rupture fish's swim bladders.
that is dumb.

if it did , why do fish float when they get blown up?

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #18 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 12:30pm

That gauntlet thing sounds cool. You could make some scale mail out of the little squares, Maybe put some meatle on the inside of the shell and then sew then to a leather shirt with sinew or something. would look cool and would smell bad, what more could you want?

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 3:12pm

That's precisely why they float.  Because they can't swim anymore.  They have no sense of balance, and just float to the top, pretty well dead.  If grenades actually blew up the fish, how come it's a viable way to fish and not a way of blowing up swimming things into tiny little bits?

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #20 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 4:14pm

Yargh ye landlubber, be wary of the ferocious floating fishies.
Tapping on the side of a fishtank can damage the little blighters (although my pet tropical fish spent most of their time fighting, killing, then eating one another. I was really bad at mixing and matching). When a fishes swimbladder malfunctions, it goes belly up, floats to the top, and is pretty much paralyzed. If you blew the fish to pieces...it'd be pretty pointless to fish that way. The amount of kinetic momentum dispersed by the water (which also creates the shockwave) would also mean that it would be incredible inefficient.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Mike_R
Funditor

Reply #21 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 4:18pm

I mainly like it because of the way the explosions look underwater. The way they make a huge bubble on the surface rocks. I like to pretend in my mind that I'm hunting U-Boats!

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #22 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 4:51pm

Grenades are a little expensive to be using for catching fish. I have never done this so what is the best explosive. Grenade fishing..so relaxing

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Mike_R
Funditor

Reply #23 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 6:07pm

The bigger the better! A cheap method would be to buy about ten packs of screecheroos(don't ever do this, it probably violates a bunch of laws) pound them up with a hammer. Pour the dust into a cardboard tube, pack it in real tight (use like 4 or five screechers per charge.) Put the wick in the top and tape it up with tons of duct tape. The more compression the better. Be sure to tape the wick up tight, it will burn under water, and it will explode as long as it is sealed up ok.

I usually use film containers packed with forcite with cannon fuse. I tape them up and tape a rock to the bottom.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #24 - Nov 29th, 2004 at 7:46am

Oh i see. and does that make a very big explosion?

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

britishslinger

Reply #25 - Nov 29th, 2004 at 8:31am

the cypriots use beer cans and fertiliser the water sets it of the salt spray can be a bit of a problem somthing like 90 per sent of the fish sink to the bottom and the rest float

listen to old people

IP Logged

britishslinger

Reply #26 - Nov 29th, 2004 at 8:33am

the water dosnt compress like the air so the affects are devastating make sure there are no swimmers about or they will come out with burst ear

listen to old people

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #27 - Nov 29th, 2004 at 8:34am

that sounds a little inefficent. I suppose just using a net, or fishing pole is out of the question?

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

britishslinger

Reply #28 - Nov 29th, 2004 at 8:40am

or blow them up and go snorkling after them

listen to old people

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #29 - Nov 29th, 2004 at 1:50pm

I've always wanted to go cast net fishing for prawns and the like in shallow rivers. If I ever go back to the Florida Keys I'll try it out.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, David Morningstar)