Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hairbrush shoelace First Practice Sling (Read 758 times)
userfriendly
Novicius

Hairbrush shoelace First Practice Sling
Nov 20th, 2004 at 1:58am

I decided to start with something to learn more about the sling. I went to my local sav-on/rite-aid drug store and got myself a set of 72" long nylon shoelaces, and a hairbrush. total cost was about 6 dollars

the hairbrush was Scunci Hair Brush with soft rubber cushion and nylon bristles

the cushion was nothing more than a spoon shaped piece of rubber of oval shape that was really easy to pop out from the handle. Bristles went really easily with some pliers. Since the oval shaped cushion already has holes in the perimeter where bristles were i used those. I put the 2 shoelaces with their ends in opposite directions overlaping one end on each with the other by about 6 - 7 inches. spread them apart and put the cushion in the middle, then used some needle and thread, common mending thread to affix one of the shoelaces to the right side minding to leave about one inch on the short end sticking out and then did the same with the other shoelace going in the opposite direction. then i used the needle and more thread to sew the short tails to the opposite shoelace.

The whole thing came out to be quite easy to do and cheap to make. total time spent about 1.5 hours cause i used lots and lots of needle going through the hole and then sewing through the nylon sholace

The bad part was that this structure has made the cup like inverted hairbrush cushion a little to stiff. so the thing is really good at throwing heavier objects

The good part is that the hairbrush itself had crossing rubber lines, very tiny, on the other side the side that sticks out and with a little pressure can be inverted. the cup appears to be a bit shallower than the proper side of the sling

but i can use ICE

Ice flies real nice and a large 20 lbs bag is only 5 dollars

now ice is not heavy, not dense. so it does not fly far

but is great for practice

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Kick, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Morphy, Rat Man, Chris)