Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
primitive incederarys and explosives (Read 22233 times)
Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
primitive incederarys and explosives
Nov 8th, 2004 at 3:15pm

im not going to make it i just want to know how it was made.  Medival gun powder, explosives, anything that explodes or burns. i know how to make pitch and that burns but now i want to know how to make exploding stuff out of plants natural things.

i know that most will not work most of the time i just want to document how to make them and add them to the book im making.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Re: primitive incederarys and explosives
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 5:04am

If it's any help, alchemists have known how to refine phosphur from urine since the 14th century.
There was a substance called Greek fire, whos recepe has been lost.
Dead pigs stacked together and burned under castle walls have been used since Roman times, to blow up walls.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 8:16am

Charcoal you can get anywhere, and sulfur is a little harder to come by, and saltpeter can be found in bird droppings. (good luck getting these in any real quantity.) Mix all three ingredients together and you have primitive gunpowder. My theory is that adding Magnesium sulfate to the gunpowder mixture will cause it to explode with a bright white flame. I haven't tried this yet, so don't quote me on this, but it looks promising.  As for explosives and incindieries from plants, I don't really have much of a clue. However, thanks to my google check this morning of "Primitive gunpowder and explosives" I've probably just added my name to Dubya's List of Potential Evil-Doers to Look Out Fer. But hey, an aluminum can full of match heads, and a row of nails taped around the outside, lit and thrown is an old IRA favourite anti-personnel device.

IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 8:30am

yes the greek powder i know about that. i wanted to make it so i spent 10 hours researeching it and i only found some ingredients all others are lost in history mainly because how our envirment is changing we lost the other element to make it. but it is a fire that stays lit for like 20 min and if you try to put it out with water it just gets bigger but i think you can smother it out but you couldnt cause they would use it in the ocean

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 8:32am

That reminds me of making thermite, for some reason.
Nail bombs (or fullmontys, as I think they are nicknamed) are very nasty things. I think that animal fats are an obvious choice for an incendiary.
Stale urine and vinegar were said to be able to put Greek fire out.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 10:43am

gelled diesal or alachol

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 2:08pm

bird droppings eh? well any bird? i have a friend how has a perit and man that thing can crap.

i also know about greek fire. i have read someware that they have made something simalar to it, not as good but simalar, and it was made from sulfer and willow charchoal. all of this would be ground down and it ignights as soon as it hits mosture. like your skin. any one know what im talking about?

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 2:49pm

do you know the spicifick quantites of bird droppings, sulfer, and what was the other thing...Charcoal. maybe a manuel on how to make it?
If you dont know or you dont want to put it out on the forum you could message me Wink hahaha.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

KnollSlinger

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger

Chandler, Arizona, USA
Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 1:41am

I can see it now.. birds around the world being stalked for thier droppings my members of our forum.

Grin

I think any explosive based on these ingredients is not only primitive, but STINKY!

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger&&Who can beat me?

IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 7:51am

Why, Douglas my good man, it just so happens that I do know the exact proportions to make gunpowder! You're about to find out why one of my many nicknames is TerrorStrike. Okay, ready? 2 parts Charcoal, 3 parts sulfur and 15 (that's right, 15 parts) saltpeter. That parrot of your friend's had better start crapping like it was going out of style if you want to start producing any pyrotechnics anytime soon! And yeah, if you take equal parts gasoline and packing peanuts, mix them together and wait for them to congeal, they tell me you can make a pretty nasty sort of home-made napalm.

IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 8:41am

or you can use coal and phosperes nitrate to make gun powder

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 1:45pm

Hmmm....
  Quote:
i know that most will not work most of the time i just want to document how to make them and add them to the book im making.

Quote:
i have a friend how has a perit and man that thing can crap.
A book eh?

Anyways....
Explosives are, to the survivalist or primitivist, less than useful.  BUT they might be used to start a fire (gunpowder ignited by sparks) or to scare of evil crazy creatures.  I can't think of another use.
 Can be quite fun to play around with.  My friend Chris uses a mixture of fertiliser and sugar in old pie tins turned to make a sort of flying sourcer filled with explosive, with a round piece of cardboard separating the ingredients - when they mix, they explode.  A pin is placed in the one of the tins, right up to, but not penetrating, the cardboard.  Then, pressure on the pin causes a small explosion.  He blew off the wheel on a wheelie bin with one.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #12 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 8:21pm

well the book is not on survival but on all sorts of weapons used in primitive times. from cave man to late middle ages.

And that parit can crap. its name is bubby but my friends father calles it poopy box. haha any way they have several birds all of them verry good at crapping. I think my friend would be thrilled if i asked him if i could clean out his birds cages.

by the way how long can i keep the crap befor it becomes use less? whats the best charcoal? and whats the shelf life of the explosive its self?

ok thats 2 things that go boom and burn that i know of. keep the primitvie booms and bangs coming.

i have been tempted to make exploding staff sling ammo. My friend (same one with the crapping birds) has a grandmother and she has a kiln. and she has lots of ceramick hollow eggs. I wanted to try filling thoes eggs with the primitve powder and make a nice long wick, light, throw, duck, and cover.

So if i come back to the site, with even less typeing skills i have blown off my fingers. Grin

well how can you write a book with out some hands on?

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #13 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 8:41pm

I wonder how well that egg thing would work? My origanal plan called for black powder but the eggs are way too big for that. That would be way too much black powder. I would need a brick wall if i where going to try that. and god help me if it falls out of the sling.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 11th, 2004 at 11:17am

You know, oil works very well as a propellant.  I remember quite vividly a science lesson where my mad science teacher showed us about energy by taking us outside and setting off two mortars.  Two long pipes with tin cans as ammo.  One had oil and one had gunpowder.  The oil actually fired much further.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Chris)