Send Topic Print
hunting season? (Read 5867 times)
Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
hunting season?
Nov 7th, 2004 at 7:20pm

theres a bow season and a normal hunting season.

There is no law that i know of involving primitive wepons like your slings, kestrose, throwing axe, staff sling, atlatl, and so on. so would you get in trouble if you hunted with one of the above? or would they all fall under bow season?

today i saw a whole groupe of turkeys. like 9 of them walking in a line. I wanted to hit them with my staff sling but i did not want to hunt out of season. this is what brought on this topic by the way.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Re: hunting season?
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2004 at 1:17pm

It is currently illegal to hunt with an atlatl in most states of America, I believe.  The sling probably is similarly not allowed, nor the kestros, throwing axe and so on.  I was thinking about taking down some pheasants with my newly made "Kestros" to the Yurek nail design (works well, btw).  There may not be a law saying, explicitly, you can't hunt with an atlatl, but there is probably a law banning all weapons not currently under legislation, such as the bow:  there are no rules for atlatls, but for the bow, there is the 45 pound draw weight minimum.  So.....  I wouldn't go for hunting with these weapons unless you live in a very remote, hill billy area where either everyone does it or no one cares.

IP Logged

henryblowery

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2004 at 1:38pm

whats a kestrose

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2004 at 1:41pm

An arrow sling.  Cestrosophendon, or many variations on spelling.  And indeed, the actual weapon itself.  Hence the shortening.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2004 at 2:58pm

so theres laws with that dang.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2004 at 2:59pm

wait....theres laws if they catch me....

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2004 at 6:01pm

Just make sure you take down what you get.  You wouldn't want someone to find a wounded deer with a kestro dart stuck in it.  They wouldn't have much trouble figuring out who it was, I'll bet. Wink

solobo88  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 4:29am

if you get a copy of your hunting regs and study it closely you might find a loop hole on some none game animals for instance when I live in savana GA. there regs state that wild pigs are pest and maybe hunted with any weapon no permit needed
if you can find a animal a state considers a pest that is often the case.
the only draw back is you some times have to prove what you are hunting for. For instance in ga. I got pulled over during turkey season with a crossbow in the car It was a good thing. I also had a dead hog in the trunk

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 7:24am

Some states (alabama) allow spear hunting so i don't see why you couldn't use an atlatl there. You just need to make sure you call it a spear and not an atlatl there.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 11:43am

Montana actually allows, specifically, atlatl hunting.
  I don't think that England considers any animal a pest.  Bloody boring wildlife.  England is such an easy place to live in, so completely life-friendly, that the wildlife has hardly diversified.  So there are no pests, no massive, crazy, killer animals... it's really quite boring.

IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #10 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 11:58am

Calfornia has a cross-bow season. I'll have to check about "alternative weapons". Probably the F&G people are concerned about folk running around maiming wildlife with weapons of doubtful lethality.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #11 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 2:18pm

english quite boring but safe Grin

solobo I have no intention of not tracking the animal down after i hit it. My mom has a doctor. he was out in his yard and deer walked out of the woods and just droped. upon inspection the deer has been shot. it was a doe. so he back tracks her trail and find a hunter up in a tree stand. he shoots his rifel up in the air and the guy in the stand jumps. the shot scared the hell out of him Grin he said the next shot is going in your foot if you dont tag that deer. he said that he was waiting for a buck and the doe was only a practice shot. What an ass if you hit something you go track it down.

Im not planning on killing a deer. by the way. there too big for just some experimental weapons i have little skill in. i was thinking some thing like a turkey, or maybe a large rat. something like that.

People can do it but boy would it be hard to take down a deer with a throwing axe. the weopon im realy interested in.  Smiley

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 6:29pm

now rats are fair game
As a kid I used to go out to local land fill at night and shoot them with my blow gun killed many of a rat like that

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #13 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 8:04pm

yes i use to just throw bricks at them Smiley When i was about 6 i would go out with my mother and shoot them. we dont do that any more. they banned us from the land fill Cheesy

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #14 - Nov 11th, 2004 at 3:38pm

Any of you guys ever go hunting with the more exoctick weapons?
like your slings, atlatl, throwing axes that stuff?

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar)