Send Topic Print
New premitive weapon? (Read 9120 times)
KnollSlinger

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger

Chandler, Arizona, USA
New premitive weapon?
Nov 7th, 2004 at 5:01pm

I could not sleep.. I had this idea for a "new" primitive weapon:

Start with two tungsten cubes, with sharp edges, hollow ground.  The tungsten is also drilled thru from one corner to an opposite corner, and counter sunk so a High C piano wire can connect these two cubes.

This can be about a foot or two long.  Now, you have a garrote, but one you do not want to touch the sharp cubes of. .not a nice one to hold in your hands. so....

Now, this is the projectile!

To throw it, a long  stick.

Similar to a staff sling.  The hook goes in the middle of the piano wire connecting to the tungsten (heavy metal) cubes.

You sling the "garrote" and when it hits, it wraps and cuts off what ever it hits due to the piano wire.

Only question.. how do the cubes fly with repect to each other?  They can be custom designed to fly apart somehow?

good?

This is a combination of a staff sling, a bolos, and a garrote!  And modern materials technology. Shocked

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger&&Who can beat me?

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Re: New premitive weapon?
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2004 at 5:51pm

new premitive weapon? well i think that a lazer is just a little more up the line of tecnology then that.

any way what you gonna call it? The....flying garote, sharp cube thingeys..ya thats it.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 10:08am

i got an even better idea (couldnt understand the other one i got lost at the cube thingy) how about a nice walking stick with nails hammered through it so u got a club but then you make it into a staff sling so if  you were in a castle seige and they were climbing up their seige ladders wack right across the face when they pop thier head up and then kick thier ladder down now that is a good weapon

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 1:04pm

Knight, your idea would not work.  It just wouldn't.  A spear with a hook for a staff-sling on the other hand, would work.
  That's a nice idea, Knollslinger, but I'd have to agree with Douglas_the_black that it is actually quite advanced.  I''m sure it could be easily adapted to a primitive milieu.

IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 4:37pm

my idea could work

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 8:34pm

knight dont argue. english does not take well too that.  Grin he might get angry and you wont like him when hes angry.  Grin

I have a staff sling, spear, walking stick, half staff that is  made out of ash, it has a sharp point on one end made out of stainless steel, its sharp. that doubles as walking stick spike and spear head. i then have the other end as a staff sling. I wrap the  leather sling around the head of the staff sling, the part that must be smooth, and grip that as my walking stick handel. I can flick it out to make the staff sling and its all so thick and strong that i can use it as a half staff.

I call it Douglas the Black's mighty staff sling, spear, walking stick, half staff, thingy (or the DTBMSSSWSHS)
so what do you think? its coming to a store near you in 2008. thats the estamated time i have for shiping the cheap foren child labor to the us and having them make my DTBMSSSWSHS's Wink

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 8:35pm

ooops forgot the T.
its
Douglas the Black's mighty staff sling, spear, walking stick, half staff, thingy
or
DTBMSSSWSHST
for short Wink

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 9:46pm

DTB thingy
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2004 at 11:07pm by Tint »  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 11th, 2004 at 11:11am

Knight, the reason it wouldn't work is because the spikes would hinder the stone, or maybe the sling itself.  I mean, you could give it a go.  I might, even.  But I doubt it will work.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2004 at 3:33pm

DTB thingy works to.....

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #10 - Nov 12th, 2004 at 5:14am

Douglas, I have a staff sling exactly like that Cheesy. A tiny capped spear on one end that acts as a walking spike, and a leather sling on the top, that when wrapped around tightly makes a nice grip.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #11 - Nov 12th, 2004 at 2:03pm

haha works well dont it? well i already got the patent out on the DTBTHINGY so dont even think about it Wink

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #12 - Nov 12th, 2004 at 9:04pm

I came up with a pretty nasty idea one day for an atlatl that doubled as a sort of club or bec-de-cor, due to a spike or flattened blade set into the head of the weapon, sort of like a knife blade or sharpened cone that fits into the bottom of the driving head so that when you run out of atlatl ammo, you can rush forward and sink a 6-8 inch blade into your opponent. They call me crazy now, but 200 years ago, they would have called me ingeniuous!

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 13th, 2004 at 4:38am

Slightly more than 200 years I think.
Aussie Aborigines already use their woomeras (of various designs) for many other purposes such as that:  a blade would be inserted into the handle, and it would be used to club prey.  So you aren't as crazy as you think.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #14 - Nov 13th, 2004 at 8:34am

I love the bec-de-corbon. ravens beak in french. Its a pole hammer isent it? I have wanted one for quite a while. I have been working up the nerve to ask the guy who made my baby sitting mace to make me one.  But i havent watched his kid in quite some time.

i just use my atlatl as a club when i run out of ammo. i was tempted to make it into a throwing stick but havent got around to it yet.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner)