Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
i need help bow making (Read 1290 times)
knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
i need help bow making
Oct 24th, 2004 at 9:36pm

ok i went to the woods and found a dead sapling it seems to be struck by lightning. but anyway i flex tested it and it worked. so its sort of shaped like a recurv and i have no clue what type of wood it was but i know it is a really hard wood ( i got a brand new winchester sheath knife sharp enough to shave with) and i am having trouble cutting it. i am not that good with identifiying wood but anyway i want to know how do i make it after i flatten it how do i make the string should i use juniper twine. how do i make the arrows if someone could help that would be good. (limited resorces) i live in the city

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Re: i need help bow making
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2004 at 10:21pm

I you can find a good draw knife that would be good. If i was you i wouldn't worry about the string right away.
www.3riversarchery.com/
This website should get you on the right track. They have draw knives bow stave and pretty much anything that has to do with bow making. They have a free catalog. And i am sure they have a links page to helpful bow making websites also.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Re: i need help bow making
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2004 at 10:35am

thank u

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark)