SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
trebuchet (Read 5598 times)
Anh

trebuchet
Oct 24th, 2004 at 12:35am

Have anyone make one?? im planning on making a minature one and if u do can u give me formula for disnaces? Undecided

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Re: trebuchet
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2004 at 4:11pm

there was a earilier thread about them on the the primitve weapons page. I think it was on the first page. I hope this helps.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2004 at 9:04pm

Me and a friend of mine ( this is just one of my use less rambalings turn back now while you still can!)
skyler is his name, where joking one time. he said that he had lots of wood lying about and he wanted to make a catapult. I said poopy man, lets make a trebuchet! so we look up some plans for a trebuchet and we where talking about how big to make it. He wanted one as big as a large tabel. I wanted one that could launch Volts wagon beetels.

we setteld on making a vw launcher, and right now where looking for car donaters. I dont know do you think where a little too far ahead of our selfs? Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Anhny
Tiro

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2004 at 6:31pm

yeah i found it lol but i dont want to pay 20 bucks =(.  Maybe i might find a crack (or try to crack it myseft) version of it.  It quite old for Mesurement.

IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2004 at 6:46pm

how about u launch a gient dirt clod

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2004 at 7:15pm

car = very cool Grin
dirt = very messy Smiley

hahahha

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

TJTay89
Tiro

It don't mean a thing,
if it ain't got that
sling

Reply #6 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 3:15am

http://www.ripcord.ws/

- This is the best site for all your trebuchet needs, and I think it has some pretty good free plans.  Matter of fact, I find this to be the Slinging.org of Trebuchets (meaning alot of great info,  and free, although I don't think there is a forum).

IP Logged

markus
Tiro

Logan, Utah
Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2004 at 6:25pm

I've built four small trebuchets out of popsicle sticks and wooden dowels.  They'll throw a marble-sized (not the same weight though) projectile about 10 feet.  Not really weapons of mass destruction, but a lot of fun to build, and good for knocking down card houses.

If you type "the algorithmic beauty of the trebuchet" in a search engine, you can get a demo version of a trebuchet simulator where you can fiddle with different lengths and weights and then throw it to see how far the projectile would go.

But Ammon stood forth and began to cast stones at them with his sling; yea, with mighty power he did sling stones amongst them; and thus he slew a certain number of them insomuch that they began to be astonished at his power - Alma 17:36

IP Logged

Shaun
Tiro

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Pleasant Hope, Mo
Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2004 at 7:16pm

I built one about 3 feet tall using the directions from ripcord's trebuchet site. It was  for a demonstrative speech in my oral communications class. I'm not sure about the structural integrity of mine though. I took some shortcuts on the joints and just used an air powered nail gun and wood glue.

<?php&& $id = $_GET[

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #9 - Nov 17th, 2004 at 5:36pm

how was thoes instructions easy to follow? i was going to make a trebuchet but never got around too it.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Shaun
Tiro

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Pleasant Hope, Mo
Reply #10 - Nov 17th, 2004 at 7:22pm

Ripcord's instructions are well written, but the cuts for joints do take some time and a little skill to get right but they do add a lot of strength. If I remember correctly no nails are needed because everything fits together.

<?php&& $id = $_GET[

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #11 - Nov 18th, 2004 at 4:51pm

that sounds good ill have a look  later on

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Nov 22nd, 2004 at 8:52pm

type into google

"toothpick trebuchets"
some dude has  an article on miniature trebs
did some modifications on the plans, made the support arms longer, made new supports, put on a longer arm and such.

All you need is wood glue, toothpicks, artificial sinew ( or string) and about six hours on a saturday.

I used two 1.5 oz. egg sinkers for the cw.

Shoots a popcorn seed about twelve feet.

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 24th, 2004 at 8:03am

Six hours for that?  12 feet? What's the point?  You could probably throw it further.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #14 - Nov 24th, 2004 at 7:42pm

haha well you could have a besigeing in your own living room.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus)