Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
was king arthur real (Read 9063 times)
english
Ex Member

Re: was king arthur real
Reply #15 - Jan 1st, 2005 at 5:19pm

It is very good to hear you say that, DCR.  Our welfare state was indeed a great invention, but it is unfortunately taken for granted.  Healthcare is absolutely free, but some say that it is bad quality - not so.  However, I have heard Americans boasting about the quality of the health service in America - it may be superb in terms of care, but it is not the NHS.
  I find it quite silly to even think that someone could live in a lake.

IP Logged

Matt
Tiro

uk/nottingham
Reply #16 - Jan 1st, 2005 at 5:36pm

the nhs isnt that great..

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 6:01am

No, it's not great, but it is free.  It's good, we have good doctors, nurses, and so on.  My mum is a nurse - now a school nurse - and she has worked in great ormond street, so I know all the ins and outs of the NHS.  It's nothing like as bad as people say.

IP Logged

Matt
Tiro

uk/nottingham
Reply #18 - Jan 2nd, 2005 at 1:49pm

hmm, alot of people would argue against you but i dont want to cos i cant be arsed

IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #19 - Jan 13th, 2005 at 2:09pm

Quote:
lol, king arthur never existed, nore did excalibur and the lady in the lake. Tongue

excalibur may not be real but king arthur was oh and lady of the lake wasnt real either but anyway king arthur was supposedly very tall like almost 7ft and queniver was in the same coffen as him so when they got it out of the ground the monks from the monestry touched her hair cause it was still there and it turned to dust but somwhere in this world the leaden cross exists and that would be the only thing left of king arthur oh and the glastonbury(sp) monestry is actualy avalon

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 20th, 2005 at 11:21am

I just read "The Da Vinci Code", by Dan Brown.  A very good book.  It contains a lot about conspiracy theories, that kind of thing, all about the Knights Templar, the Priory of Sion, Opus Dei.  I suggest that if you want to know all about crazy theories, go for that book. Alternatively, David Ike could help you out...  I like his idea that all the rulers of the world are cold blooded green lizards.  Brilliant.

IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #21 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 3:07am

i can not stand the guy you the only reason he wrote that book because he knew he would piss people off wich gave the book the ability to sell cuz every one was curious

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #22 - Apr 9th, 2005 at 11:04pm

Lol he is smart lol why didnt i think of that

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 7:09am

Ok, so Dan Brown is a jerk.  His books are fairly stupid, but the point is, they are good to read.  He writes well.

IP Logged

hellier

Betwixt a rock and a hard
place

Airlie Beach QLD Australia
Reply #24 - May 5th, 2005 at 10:56pm

To take this elsewhere...if you are ever passing Cornwall ( not that you can really pass it as it's kind stuck out there on the end of England.....) you may wish to drop by the waterfall at St. Nectans Glen....Arthur was supposed to have climbed it, bathed in it...etc, etc....cool place.

IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #25 - May 6th, 2005 at 12:09pm

Eh when i go to england ill be checking out alot of stuff there im going when i graduate highschool

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #26 - May 6th, 2005 at 1:43pm

OK, I can't leave this one alone even though it's off the topic (King Arthur).

Dan Brown may write well, but his writing is enjoyable only if you know nothing of the subject about which he is writing.  He does not write well enough to make you suspend disbelief; to say to yourself, "What if the world DID work that way?  How does it work out?"

Brown's novel Digital Fortress started out well, because he was introducing his characters and the politics and the business (on both sides of legal).  I really know nothing of business or politics and so the book seemed good.  Then he introduced a bit of misinformation about cryptography, and based subsequent development of the story on that misinformation.  I put the book down and have never finished it.

As for King Arthur: if he wasn't real, he should have been!  Same for Robert of Locksley (a.k.a. "Robin Hood" -- I like Henry Gilbert's account of Robin's life)

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

VoiceInWilderness

Exodus 3:7

Midwest
Reply #27 - May 10th, 2005 at 11:55pm

I will second the notion!

Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)