Send Topic Print
working (Read 6975 times)
Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
working
Oct 9th, 2004 at 2:20pm

well i just want to say that Ive had a job at a pizza place for a little over a year, I have also been mowing lawns and clearing snow from sidewalks for 11 years now.

Got a job picking apples at a farm. I get paid 70 cents a bushel im making about $7 an hour. but i have no time to do any thing else.

im rolling in money but have no time to spend it. Smiley Im just letting you all know i very rarely get time to be on the computer so your going to be seeing less of me and my bad spelling Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Re: working
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 2:45pm

Nice.  I have no need for a job.  Well, I think so.  Not at the moment at least.

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 6:11pm

I somehow managed to get a job doing tabacoo 'sting' operations for the attorney general's office.  $9 an hour, but I only get 8-10 hrs. a week.

solobo88  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2004 at 7:52am

now you do what? ???

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2004 at 1:39pm

Solobo's a grass!  Wow.  An informer.

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2004 at 3:48pm

So solobo, you walk into gas stations and try to buy cancer sticks?

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2004 at 9:41pm

yep.  I've collected all the marlboro's, most of the camels ( not counting the five "exotic brands") and I think one cigar.

solobo88  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2004 at 12:06pm

What a weird job.  Sounds like a great deal of fun.

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2004 at 1:04pm

I get paid 50 euros a pop for translating documents for a private detective and freelance cameraman, otherwise I just do odd-jobs for relatives. Theres always dirty dishes somewhere Wink

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #9 - Oct 12th, 2004 at 10:51am

I work in a library as a Reference Librarian Assistant 1. Third year now in the library system, but I've also worked as a supermarket cashier (for five days. Told the boss at the end of the week, on St. Patrick's Day, where he could put his cashier job.) and a storage bin maintenance man (hated the job and the boss with a visceral passion). Relatively speaking the library job isn't a bad one to have.

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #10 - Oct 12th, 2004 at 6:54pm

50 euros... how much is that?  I mean, in US you can get a candy bar for half a dollar.  how many euros for a candy bar? ???

solobo88  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #11 - Oct 12th, 2004 at 8:07pm

well i have found out what i can spen my vast amount of money on. I can go to germany! Germany is the one place i have wanted to go all my life. My grandmother gos there all the time. If i pay for my plain ticket, food, and the other stuff then i can stay at there house in germany for a few weeks. I may do that when im 18. I cant do that now unfortuntly. But that is something to look forword too.

Now solo where did you go to be a Informer? Im very aposed to smoking my self. Not that i want the job. around here they would find out it was me, and all the weaponry in the world would save me from getting my ass kicked Grin 

I just cant think where you would go for a job like that.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #12 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 12:21am

Quote:
50 euros... how much is that?  I mean, in US you can get a candy bar for half a dollar.  how many euros for a candy bar? ???

The Euro was originally instituted to be a rough equivalent of the US$ - IFAIK. It certainly stays fairly close to the value of a "greenback".

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #13 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 5:03am

Yes, the Euro is roughly equivilant to the USD. My girlfriend funnily enough used 3 euro a week to buy candy bars when at school, I'll ask her how many she used to buy.
Now she's giving that valuable sugar money to Green Peace. :/

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 11:58am

Personally, I think Britain should get the Euro.  It would make things easier.  But no one listens to me...
  All the weaponry in the world would of course prevent you from having your ass kicked.  I mean, if you have a repeating crossbow, and shot into the mass of attackers, then bam, they're off.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man)