Send Topic Print
We are nerds. (Read 18519 times)
Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Re: We are nerds.
Reply #90 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 3:20pm

When I was 16 I suddenly lost 4 stone (yes, a girl was involved in this metamorphosis), since then things have been getting better, I want to try and improve my physique till I am in my mid thirties, then I might lay off a little if any complications develop.
In terms of politics I believe in the direct action approach, don't get people to do things for you, do it for yourself. It's like Budo in a way, total responsibility. But that brings its own problems (and anarcommunism wouldn't be as pleasant as most people think).

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #91 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 6:41pm

how heavy is a stone?

I lost 30 pounds when i got intrested in weapons. I started practicing with them, decided i was too fat then i started running. every day i would go out with my dog and run. hes too old now. But weapons beleve it or not was the healtyest thing too ever happen too me.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #92 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 6:45pm

yes evey one says that  i have nothing too worry about other then what weapon i should use. but if like matt said hit the fan i would be gone. forget going throu the wall i would go around it and use it as cover for my fleeing self. haha

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #93 - Nov 4th, 2004 at 11:13am

I 'm a bit out of shape myself (or as I like to phrase it, "pretty warm year round.") and I'm trying to cut back now. A stone, douglas, because you asked, is standardised at 14 pounds avoirdupois or 6,35029 kilograms. Meaning that I am 1.8 metres tall and weigh 6.5 stone, which translates to 6', 235 pounds. So, chances are, if the s**t hits the proverbial fan, I'd be a force to be reckoned with. Just grab the broadsword and dive into the fray. Nothing like a good riot to get the blood flowing in the morning, eh?

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #94 - Nov 4th, 2004 at 11:26am

Well... I think your estimations are a little off there Mammot Wink.
The healthy weight for someone 5`9 feet tall is 11.6 to around 12 stone.

IP Logged

TJTay89
Tiro

It don't mean a thing,
if it ain't got that
sling

Reply #95 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 3:21am

Wow, actully a stone really is 14 pounds, I always thought that 1 stone= 10 pounds. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Oh, and I consider myself a dork, respectfully.

[sources= http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/]

IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #96 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 9:33am

Quote:
Well... I think your estimations are a little off there Mammot Wink.
The healthy weight for someone 5`9 feet tall is 11.6 to around 12 stone.

Oi! Yeah, I meant to type 16.5 stone. That's what happens when the mind moves faster than the fingers, eh? Never was much of a math wiz, myself!

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #97 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 7:41am

cool thanks. your right you do learn something new every day. I also think it would be a bad idea to wade in a riot with just a sword. ya need some armor and a battel cry to go with it!.  Grin I cant say that i wouldent do it my self, if it was a hostile riot, that is.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #98 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 4:00pm

A riot?  Going against a riot with a sword?  Personally I wouldn't want to give that a go.  Probably because I'd be part of the riot, but also because I don't like the idea of being torn apart by an angry mob.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #99 - Nov 7th, 2004 at 5:40pm

ya i dont beleve in riots. i say you dont go around holding signs and chanting you go in there with 60 other men, and kick the poopy out of the guy. hell ether give in or you gotta go get another job. take your pick.

there was a girl who sold stones at a riot. she was one hell of a entrapanor.  Grin

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #100 - Nov 7th, 2004 at 6:10pm

I'd like to go into a riot armed with 25 lion mastiffs.
Cheesy

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #101 - Nov 7th, 2004 at 7:11pm

haha yes.

i want to armor a bull. or an ox. then ride him in like a horse.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #102 - Nov 8th, 2004 at 5:55pm

Douglas the black riding in in full riot gear on an armored ox swinging a giant war hammer. 
You'd probably wait till later to call him a nerd. Wink

solobo88  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #103 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 5:05am

I thought there was only one enemy if you're not a policeman in a riot, and that is the police Tongue.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #104 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 2:02pm

the more i think about it the more i want an armored ox.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris)