Send Topic Print
a medieval hike (Read 10760 times)
Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Re: a medieval hike
Reply #30 - Oct 23rd, 2004 at 5:19pm

Today I bought some raw honey, unpasturized, I'm going to try and make mead out of it using zero yeast... but I think it will be best to use some orange or lemon juice with it (as yeast prefers a slightly acidic environment) to make sure it all bubbles away nicely.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #31 - Oct 24th, 2004 at 8:56pm

unpasturized honey is good. there is a local bee keeper near me (his name is John Fadowsomething I call him bee man. He always seems to be accompanyed by a air force of bees..) I get lots of honey off of him. Right now i got a jar of 5 year old honey in my room. I figure if you can take honey out of egyption tombs and eat it i can eat that honey in 50 years or so...

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #32 - Oct 24th, 2004 at 10:04pm

Eat the hunny, comb and all! I have had it striaght from the comb and it is good.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #33 - Oct 27th, 2004 at 7:11pm

thats what it is comb honey. I like to eat the comb too but the wax gets stuck in my teeth. Grin

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #34 - Oct 27th, 2004 at 7:30pm

ok getting a little back on track. I need a water bottel. would it be right for a crusader to walk around with a skinned animal bag, the legs tied up, and drinking from the neck? Do you know what im talking about? The old water bottels like that. or would a crusader have something more like the spanish wine botana thingey?

also, What kind of side gear would i have? like the back pack or purse kinda thing. to keep all that food in? what kind would it bee and what would it look like how to make it ect.

thanks

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #35 - Oct 27th, 2004 at 7:50pm

Well in very old times the used animal stomachs. That is how we got chesse, some guy put milk in one and the emizimaes from the stomack made chesse.

As for what the knights used for water i wouldn't know, maybe barrels filled with water that was on the carts pulling their food?

If you want to make a medievel water bottal you might try canves(?). In some of the army surplus websites thay have water bages that are made from canves that hold water very well. I got on and they leak for a minute after you put water in the and then material exands and it holds water very well. If you want one they are very cheap and can be got at www.cheaperthandirt.com. Maybe you could modefly the bag to sute your needs and looks.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #36 - Oct 30th, 2004 at 8:15am

cool thanks. I have done some business whith cheaper then dirt.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner)