Send Topic Print
a medieval hike (Read 10778 times)
Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Re: a medieval hike
Reply #15 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 5:10am

If you feel the need to impress some Bavarian peasant babes learn how to crack hazelnuts in one hand. Works every time!

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #16 - Oct 15th, 2004 at 10:03pm

haha i hear that only 2 people know whats in a sausage. God and the butcher. and the butcher is a vegatarian.

what kinds of intestine should i use?rabbit? cow? I think some kind of small animal would work best

by the way i was looking up some german recipies. I stumbled accrost a october fest web site. Every recipie contained beer....

my kind of recipe book Grin

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 3:57am

Well, the alcohol would be cooked off.  What a waste of beer.  Oh yes, it was German beer.  Not a great waste then.
I'd say... with pork sausages, you use pig intestines.  That kinda makes sense.  &c.
  I thought hazelnuts were quite rare in America (?).  I love hazelnuts.  You can also make bread with them - roast the nuts, and crush them into a flour-type thing.  Use it like regular flour.
  Cherries are typical German/Swiss/Hungarian &c (holy roman empire) fruit.  Ever heard of Kirsch?

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #18 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 7:18am

yep and i have no problems with german beer, haha you english are so pickey. You dont like our hersheys or my ancestors beer! haha I have made apple brandy and peach brandy before and i was wanting to make some mead but i havent got around to it..

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #19 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 7:19am

oh yes lots of hazel nuts where i live. I use them for ammo most of the time.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 1:45pm

Using hazelnuts for ammo is a sacrilege.
  German beer is weak.  You need some proper beer, you come to England.  We invented bitter - which isn't bitter.  It is smoother than lager, tastier... it's better beer.  The only good lager comes from the Czech republic, Belgium, parts of France, and SOME German beer.  And hersheys is crap, not to put too blunt a point on it.
  Mead is quite tasty.  It can be made a bit too sour, but if you get it right, it is a nice drink.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #21 - Oct 17th, 2004 at 8:20am

haha ok ok english settle down Smiley

yes i had mead at my grandfathers house before it was good shame he died and the recipe died with him..

but i think that all this talk of beer and candy bars is all a matter of opinion like most things. Smiley

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #22 - Oct 17th, 2004 at 10:19pm

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #23 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 4:30pm

thank-ya gun

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #24 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 4:00am

Now I've got the urge to quaff a few tankards Cheesy

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 11:25am

Quote:
Now I've got the urge to quaff a few tankards 
Not a good idea, unless being horizontal, quickly, is your idea of fun.  Mead is about 15% alcohol, or as strong as a very strong wine.  Beer, on the other hand, maxes out at around 9%, and that is for something extra-ordinary, such as Theakston's Old Peculiar.  Something like Fosters (or similar) is only 4-5% alcohol.

IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #26 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 2:00pm

Quote:
... for something extra-ordinary, such as Theakston's Old Peculiar.  ...

Oh, yeah!  Grin

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #27 - Oct 22nd, 2004 at 5:53am

Here you can get some very powerful beers... Leffe Bruin and that kinda stuff...
But what I'd do for a couple of bottles of Courage Directors or Hobgoblin... proper clean English ales!
I've actually just started making a batch of mead after reading how simple it is.
A Norwegian friend has a method of making it that involves no added yeast, just using naturally yeast rich honey to help it ferment. But I'm using the processed stuff for the sake of simplicity.

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Oct 22nd, 2004 at 11:44am

Most of the beer in the fridge is Belgian - Leffe (blonde and tripel), Hoegaarden, Stella Artois.  That kind of thing.  But of course I have a load of good beer as well.  And I want to make some mead too.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #29 - Oct 23rd, 2004 at 3:09pm

yep my grand father never used yeast.  I think he said one time it tasts better without.

Hey let me know how the mead tastes!

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Rat Man)