Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
whats next on the weapons list (Read 25932 times)
MammotHunter

Re: whats next on the weapons list
Reply #120 - Sep 21st, 2004 at 12:31pm

Hey guys, take a lesson from Ol' Jack, Killer of the Wild Ceder Board fences. Atlatl darts can be made very easily from wooden dowels and PVC pipe foreshaft connectors.  Just take 2 3-foot sections of wooden dowel, taper one end of both, so they will fit snugly into the PVC pipe section, (cut about a length of 13-15 cm) Just use a knife to open the ends of the Pipe sections slightly, and ram the dowels into the section so it jams in. Sharpen what will be the tip of the dart, carve the dimple in the back attach fletching or not, and you're ready to go. I put one such dart through a centimetre thick fence not too long ago, so I know they work.

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #121 - Sep 21st, 2004 at 1:17pm

Nice.
  I have only made a blowgun out of non-primitive materials. Embarrassed  I know, I know, I say that you shouldn't and I normally don't, but I couldn't resist... there is no rivercane, bamboo or anything of the right size where I live.  Not my fault.  So I used, first of all, paper, because I heard Ninja used paper as emergency blowguns.  It actually worked well, but it's short lived, and massive paper is annoying to go and buy and then watch as the "mouthpiece" deteriorates.  I then used a metal pipe from where my uncle works.  I don't use it anymore.  Worked well.  But I felt guilty about using it.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #122 - Sep 21st, 2004 at 4:00pm

haha englishs dirty laundry haha.

My blow gun was the cold steel big bore blow gun that i later sold for twice the price it was origanly. (haha he was a sucker i feel a little guilty but...but....)

The blow gun was nice and strong..I have also made one out of paper english. At school we have perfected the art of manufacturing weapons. We take a mecanical pencil the one with many separate leds in a hollow tube then we just take out all the leds but one point it at the victum and blow...

My friend can send the sharp little led pices throu your shirt and into the skin..

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #123 - Sep 21st, 2004 at 4:04pm

oh yes.. My aunt owns a green house and she grows bamboo. I got some of that and made a blow gun and it worked the darts where little wood things i carved and but a nale throu. But the bamboo tasted real bad and i think it made me a little sick. That was odd i never heard of bamboo making someone sick...

something cool to do with living bamboo-take a still green stock and throw it in the fire. Boom! haha.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #124 - Sep 21st, 2004 at 10:29pm

I've tried making them with cornstalks by splitting the stalk and cutting out the little walls in between the segments and then tying back together.  Didn't work.  Using paper... do you just roll up a piece and tape it or something?  Darts?

solobo88  
IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #125 - Sep 21st, 2004 at 10:30pm

Mechanical pencils... yeah, we used to have LOTS of fun with those... Grin

solobo88  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #126 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 1:05pm

The good thing I found about a paper blowgun is that the bore is adjustable and invariably smooth.  I did use tape, yes.  That was about it, paper tube bound with tape.  Not exactly high tech.  Darts are made by using paper cones on sticks.  That is the ninja way.  It works well actually.  I could stick darts quite far into fence posts, that kind of thing.  Probably works as well as a regular blowgun.  I think that you could wax the paper and protect the mouthpiece somehow, and it could be used for longer.

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #127 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 1:09pm

Or use wax paper.  Would decrease bore friction, also.

solobo88  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #128 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 2:06pm

tape english? I used rice glue.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #129 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 2:09pm

If you have a modern blowgun you can buy the dart at any store. Those little push pin you use to put messages on cork board are able to be fired from some blowguns. The cool think is that they are cheap.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #130 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 2:10pm

yep where racking up posts gun

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #131 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 2:18pm

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #132 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 2:19pm

always  Wink

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #133 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 2:25pm

ha ha  Grin

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #134 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 2:26pm

indeed yes Cheesy

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark)