Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My photos and Movies (Read 1096 times)
chrismax
Novicius

My photos and Movies
Aug 10th, 2004 at 4:03pm

Hello everyone,

My friend and I went slinging today and took a few pics and movies.

You can see the movies at www.combat-world.com and click on downloads then on slinging. I made a regular version and a slowmo of each. All mine are Chris and my friend is laurent. I think his forum name is lmarshall.

Im not really sure how to do the pictures, but here goes.

^Im working on the new netting style from Matthias.
^Differant shot
^My first sling
^This is my current sling. Till I get my netted one down.
^This is laurents newest sling, he just finished today.
^Laurent getting ready for a sling.
^Laurent after using his new sling.

IP Logged

LMarshall
Novicius

New Hampshire
Re: My photos and Movies
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2004 at 5:33pm

Hey all,

I'm the guy in the pictures chris just posted. We just started slinging a few days ago for something to do when we were bored, but now I'm definitely interested in doing a lot more slinging. Go and watch the short video clips that Chris put up  on his site, and if you have any tips on technique they'd be welcome, cause that what I need!

IP Logged

Brant
Tiro

BC
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2004 at 6:18pm

Hello. I'm sure you'll have countless hours of utter staisfaction in the years to come (thanks to slinging that is). For my two cents. Since you just started slinging I suggest learning nwmanitou's technique as a good place to start. Pretty powerful and accurate. I also suggest maybe using a shorter sling. The best way to get better is to experiment. Find a technique that feels good to you. I've been slinging for 3 years now and find that, despite its bad press, the "helicopter" throw can outrange pretty much anything. Just go out and have fun.

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2004 at 12:55am

Good job men! Photos, sling construction and technique in one intro thread... That's what we like to see. I take great personal pleasure in seing (half) of a net-sling coming together too!

Welcome all to slinging.org!

Matthias

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Morphy, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15)