Bahamas (Read 1731 times)
WildAtHeart
Descens

woo hoo

Atlanta GA
Bahamas
Aug 8th, 2004 at 10:15pm

Hey guys,

Earlier this summer I was blessed with a 2-week trip to the Bahamas. Here are some pics of my and my cousin slinging.

The guy in gray and jean shorts is me. The other one is my cousin.

WWW wormscout13  
IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Re: Bahamas
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2004 at 10:48pm

Did ya sling any coconuts? Man would that give someone a headache!

What an awesome place to sling.

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2004 at 10:52pm

Which island we're you at? I have been to Grand Bahama and Gilligan Island (they said that it was the island in the pictures not the actual island they filmed on).

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Petros

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2004 at 6:15am

G'day, cool photo's.  I like the look of that sling, how did you knot around the pouch?  It's hard to tell from the photo, but it looks good.  Does it go well?  I made a braided leather sling with a flat pouch a couple of years ago but two of the thongs have broken so I'm trying to work out how to make a new one (cheaply! I can't afford more than $2.50 at the most.  Wink).  I've spent the past three days trying to get my mind around a braided sling with a split pocket, but then I realised a single cord on it's own would do the same job and would be $9 cheaper...oops.

IP Logged

WildAtHeart
Descens

woo hoo

Atlanta GA
Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2004 at 9:06am

That is Scotland Cay off of Abaco Island. Maybe it's Little Abaco? I don't remember what big island it was off.

No we couldn't sling coconuts, but that thing in my sling is a premature coconut. Those fly great!

At the ends of my sling I have sheet bends. I have since then removed that string along the perimeter since I have found it does not really help and it would always fray. Now the main cords are tied right to the very ends of the pocket, and it seems to work a little bit better.

And yes, that was an awesome vacation and a great place to sling. My cousin and I had a grand time crafting that sling staff he's got.

WWW wormscout13  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Kick, Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, joe_meadmaker)