Send Topic Print
Project Goliath (Read 16179 times)
Zwiebeltuete
Descens

Fly! Angel, fly!

Germany, near Nuremberg
Re: Project Goliath
Reply #45 - Apr 23rd, 2006 at 11:15am

Do you have the right to publish it as a book? If I do an anonymous submission I get:

Please note that all contributions to Slinging.org Wiki may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then don't submit it here.
You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource (see Project:Copyrights for details). DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION!

So everybody is doing submission only for publication as a Wiki at slinging.org? (Btw. Project:Copyrights is empty.) I would ask a lawyer in the country where the Wiki is or where the person is who considers doing the work to publish it as a book and if necessary restart the Wiki. (Better to think about legal things at the beginning than after all the work is done.)

Zwiebeltuete

Slinging since 2005-09-24.
IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Re: Project Goliath
Reply #46 - Apr 28th, 2006 at 8:41pm

I think the ultimate goal is to get it published in one way or another.  This can be done with the wiki material.  The publisher would have to understand that the material was from many sources, and that it would also be available online.  They would simply be making a paper version. 

The wiki should be under the Creative Commons Licensce, but I'll double check after this post. 

Chris

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)