Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Feels Good to Pack a Sling! (Read 7178 times)
Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Re: Feels Good to Pack a Sling!
Reply #45 - May 15th, 2006 at 1:29pm

Powerful scenario Gard.....but haven't you heard?  

They've taken the Hobbits to Isengard!

TS
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2006 at 2:36pm by Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua »  

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #46 - May 15th, 2006 at 9:10pm

Gard 1, Wizards 0

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Freebooter
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Millbrook, Al.
Reply #47 - May 15th, 2006 at 9:15pm

Yep! I keep mine with me now, or at least in my car, when I go somewhere, along with a bag full of nice round rocks. You are right, it is a good feeling.
Freebooter

Author of MORE GHOSTS AND EERIE TALES OF ALABAMA; True Tales of the Supernatural and the Unexplained www.publishamerica.com/books/8363 &&

IP Logged

A_C

New York
Reply #48 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:02pm

I've always carried my sling around since I got reasonably decent with it. A sling and a Swiss knife are basically a perfect survival kit.  Grin

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #49 - May 16th, 2006 at 2:16am

Yeppers I also carry a sling when ever I can. Normanly looped around my belt next to my knife pouch (1 Leatherman Supertool, 1 U.S. Military Pocket knife 1 daimond sharpening rod and a CAT knife in the back) now when i know I'm going to sling rocks I load my shoulder pack with landscaping marble (3USD for 50 lb (approx 25 kilos)) swap the pouch for my Bowie  and away I go.
Can't really wear one at work.... no place to put the bleeping thing and if i was carrying it, well lets just say it would be a quick trip to the unemployment line. although I might try the wrist carry if I know I will be able to dodge the boss for a day Smiley

Marc Adkins

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #50 - May 16th, 2006 at 10:56am

Ha, just hope that the line moves slowly.

To carry your sling, just turn it into a belt like siguy and/or altay has. Or a keychain/wristband in a thread I started about how to do exactly that.

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #51 - May 16th, 2006 at 11:32am

Unfortunately I work inside a Containment facility. Can't really wear a whole lot inside other than whats provided to us. i don't want to see what a steam autoclave will do do a sling Smiley
But I will try some of the other methods you mention when i'm not inside

Marc Adkins

Quote:
Ha, just hope that the line moves slowly.

To carry your sling, just turn it into a belt like siguy and/or altay has. Or a keychain/wristband in a thread I started about how to do exactly that.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #52 - May 16th, 2006 at 1:04pm

winklereid,                                                                                 
        "Containment facility," "steam autoclave?" Just exactly WHAT do you "contain?" Biohazardous material ( which we generate in the lab where I work? ) Or maybe radioactive waste?? Try slinging THAT sometime!!                                                           ............Dan

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #53 - May 18th, 2006 at 10:49am

Of course the reason that the hobbits are going to Isengard, is that, unbeknownst to them, they fit in the slings quite nicely.
    Hobbits away!!!

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Rat Man, Morphy, vetryan15, Kick)