Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Feels Good to Pack a Sling! (Read 7180 times)
CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Re: Feels Good to Pack a Sling!
Reply #30 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 7:24pm

ha, well what good is a sling going to do you on a plane  Roll Eyes? Unless you're going to use it as a garrotte, but in that case, nobody would be allowed to have shoelaces.

IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #31 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 7:48pm

never underestimate the power of the dark sling, Luke Skyslinger Tongue lol i didn't use them, i just forgot to pack them so i took them in my hand luggage

That's one small sling for David. One giant headache for Goliath.&&The safest place to stand when I sling, is right in front of me!

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #32 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 7:56pm

i don't use my sling during class, but i carry it in case someone is curious.  i also intentionally carry one of my slings in a conspicuaous manner(hanging from one of my belt loops) just in case there is a fellow slinger out there who would recognize it and we could chat or something. also, people are curious about it sometimes, so i use it as a way to trick people into the world of slinging. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #33 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 8:13pm

Count me in also.I always carry one one those medical tape slings with me. Even took it to Federal Court while I was on jury duty. Sometimes I will even tote a rock with me ......just in case.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Reply #34 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 10:39pm

You can bet if you meet me somewhere there is a sling in my pocket,sometimes trouble picking which one to bring.

IP Logged

David

Per Humilis Funda Sic
Validus Gigas Eram Interimo

Upstate NY
Reply #35 - May 13th, 2006 at 6:31pm

Hey! Me too. I usually have one wrapped around my waist when out side and have one in my poscket when im not. This is my first post BTW Finally decided to say something after hanging around here for the past few weeks. Annnnnnnd I LOVE THIS SITE and slinging. You guys ruined me. If im not slinging Im making a sling. Or if im not making a sling, Im on this site. Or if Im not on this site, you can bet Im doing homework or some other menial task. And lastly, Thamks to every one for making this site what it is and allowin me to pick up this fascinating hobby. Wait... not hobby way of life!

>David

I belive in Miracles, you sexy sling, you sexy sling.
davnasca  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #36 - May 13th, 2006 at 8:56pm

Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Sling, David Grin                                    

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #37 - May 13th, 2006 at 8:57pm

Oh my God! We're a Cult!!!! Shocked

John Walker  
IP Logged

David

Per Humilis Funda Sic
Validus Gigas Eram Interimo

Upstate NY
Reply #38 - May 13th, 2006 at 10:39pm

OK, but if were a cult, no cool aid please!

>David

I belive in Miracles, you sexy sling, you sexy sling.
davnasca  
IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #39 - May 14th, 2006 at 2:30am

Quote:
Oh my God! We're a Cult!!!! Shocked

David,                                                                                    
       Welcome to the forum! I see that you have become entranced by the sling, as have we all. It is the purest sort of ballistic fun!!   

bigkahuna!                                                                                 
                                                                                                   "Cult," you say? .......Naaaawwwww.......Surely you've noticed that nothing we do is THAT organized!                                                                     

.......Dan

IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #40 - May 14th, 2006 at 2:33am

Hey, this cool aid tastes funny.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #41 - May 14th, 2006 at 10:45am

I always have my slings in my glove box, or one when I'm biking. There are a lot of old gypsum/gravel quarries out by me, and once in a while, when I least expect it, I feel this irresistable pull towards them.  Uh oh,I can't stop!! AAAAAAHHHHH!! it's got me' it's got me!!

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #42 - May 14th, 2006 at 10:49am

Of course I always have one in my backpack, when I'm out camping with my Scouts. Came in handy.
  Last time, we were having eggs for breakfast. One of the eggs had a small crack, that had allowed it to go bad. It's odor was quite potent.
  Not wanting to have in in our garbage, or anywhere near camp, I pulled out my big sling and told them to "Watch this."
  A few swings, and the egg went sailing into a cow pasture near by. You know it hits hard when at over 100 yards you can hear the splat.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #43 - May 15th, 2006 at 12:36pm

From the book "Lord Of the Slings":

(.......) Gandalf shouts: "Throw it into the flames of Mordor!". "No! I won't do it!", Gard replies.  Gandalf is now so angry that you can see the vein in his forehead: "Do not let the power of the sling take over your control! Do it, now!". Gard looks down, and says: Ok, ok, you're just like mom! I'll do it...". "Well, hurry up!" Gandalf shouts back to him.
Gard runs up the volcano. Suddenly, halfways up, he turns around with a stone in the sling. With a fast movement he swings the sling and the stone is heading against Gandalf with extreme speed. But Gandalf is too quick, and stops the stone with his staff. "You are too slow for me! Now, throw the sling into the lava!". "No! Never!" Gard shouts to him.
Then, from nowhere Gard gets two gland shaped stones, and with a trained action he throws the first one with all his power against Gandalf, but again the stone is stopped with the staff. But with a rapid fire techinique (which Gard learned from Tint) the other stone is already in the air. This time Gandalf is not quick enough, as the stone was already in the air when he stopped the first one with his staff. The stone hits him in the middle of his forehead, and Gandalf falls to the ground. Gard puts the sling in his pocket and runs away, with a satisfied smile around his lips. (.......)

Ah, I should start as an author!  Roll Eyes

Gard
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2006 at 3:05pm by Gard »  

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #44 - May 15th, 2006 at 12:42pm

Poor Gandalf!
very entertaining gaurd

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Kick, Chris, Rat Man, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark)