Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
ZIP GUNS?? (Read 13998 times)
nwmanitou

Utah, USA
Re: ZIP GUNS??
Reply #15 - Jul 23rd, 2004 at 4:08pm

hehe, I'd like to take some machinist classes. I've done a little machining, but not enough to make a gun at the moment. That's why I'd have someoen who knew what they were doing watch over my shoulder Smiley

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #16 - Jul 23rd, 2004 at 7:47pm

Don't worry I have taken all of the machinist classes and i would still have someone (old machinists) watch over my shoulder my first time too.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Sean

(@")=====@(kirb y boxing)

Florida
Reply #17 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 12:48am

Ok for those of you who live in/around Ohio, US might have heard of this but im realting the story to the rest of you.  A close and personal friend of mine was almost killed by making a homemade bomb.  he blew off his right hand and would have died if his older brother hadn't came quickly to take him to the hospital. heres the story

One day He (we will call him Pat for short his real name is Patrick) and his friends got some Gunpowder from one of pats friends.  They used those model rocket ignitors where yoiu push the button and it sends an electrical wave through these wires about 20 feet long which have Alligator clips on the end.  Thses you connect to an "ignitor" which is basically 2 small wires that connect at the end and have a small bit of gumpowder on the end the electrical charge ignites the gunpowder in which was supposed to launch off the rocket but they used thses to ignite their bombs.  They hade these bombs for about a week.  Their parents knew but did nothing to stop them why i dont know but when they exploded they were so big that they would shake their house.  At this particular time Pats mom wasnt home and they ingited the bomb but it didnt explode so they walked up to invistigate.  Pat picked it up and as he did it blew up and blew his hand off and enbedded shrapnel into a few of his friends stomachs.  His older brother heard the explosion followed by a scream so he ran as fast as he could to find his brother without a right hand.  He rushes them all to the hospital and they survive but you get the picture.  to make a very long story short He almost didnt get the insurance to cover his hospital bills. prostatics, ect because what he did was illegal.  In the end he ended up making a video to show the schools in the country what happens when you make bombs and the like and had to do community service, i believe 100 hours or something like that.
but my point is DO NOT experiment with things you arent fimaliar with if might make you end up very hurt or in jail or dead
i offered my warnings if u dont head any of us that is your fault i dont want to be saying i told you so.
Sean

*shatter* I HIT A WINDOW RUN!!!!!!
sharpieman99  
IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #18 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 8:36am

I will reinterarte what several above people have said if I wasn't clear enough before:  Unless you are/have been PROFESSIONALLY taught and trained by a GOVERNMENT source (or your grandfather was an experienced hillbilly blackpowder gunsmith , DO NOT waste your time and possibly your life and limb trying to build a home-made firearm!  I mentioned the Foxfire seires, and some other pubs on making these, BUT... that is onlyt so you will UNDERSTAND THE PRINCIPLES of those who DO know what they are doing, and don't blkow up five out of five "cannon" barrels!  I am NOT "Mac McGuyver, or anything but was NOT lying when I told readers here that some people can make these things from the basic materials (and a couple of add-ons INTENTIONALLY left out by myself for obvious reasons, buit which are JUST as cheap and nearly universally available as the MAIN component listed: PIPE (but ONLY made of certterials, and from certain sources of time-tested quality.  Look up a "certain rather old U.S. Army field manual", if you doubt me!), MATCH HEADS and a "rock" (albeit a HARD one, or a tooth or similar hard solid object!).

As I have said before, I consider the making of a cumbersome, noisy, awkward, inaccurate and if most of YOU try to make it, DANGEROUS TO YOURSELF THAN TO YOUR TARGET "weapon" such as this type, to be a THOROUGHLY USELESS waste of time better spent practicing catapulting/archery, crossbow making, or SLINGING, to name a FEW better alternatives which will not get you in trouble, dismembered or KILLED!

DON'T TRY TO MAKE YOUR OWN FIREARM, but study the subject thoroughly  enough to understand WHY this is unnecessary, and a waste of your time, and to the principles involved, and invent your own safe, legal NON-FIREARM alternatives!

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #19 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 8:48am

Oh, yes, and I am one of those "hillybillies" who had a bit of the "other" type of training mentioned, and CAN make something mentioned above out of the components mentioned above WITHOUT destroying barrels, myself, etc. and it's NOT just "Hollywood movie/TV" stuff to those who know otherwise.   Wink 'nuff said!

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #20 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 11:37am

Quote:
Oh, yes, and I am one of those "hillybillies" who had a bit of the "other" type of training mentioned, and CAN make something mentioned above out of the components mentioned above WITHOUT destroying barrels, myself, etc.

I don't doubt YOU are one of those  "hillybillies"
I don't doubt YOU've had a bit of the "other" type of training
And May be YOU CAN make something mentioned above out of the components mentioned above WITHOUT destroying barrels, yourself, etc.
I only was talking about MY experience with the stuff  just to show how difficult and potentially dangerous is trying to make some "working" homemade firearm  for us, mere mortals.
All posters agreed (you included) that is very dangerous, and better don't even try it.
That's why the statement  "I used to say, "Give me a pipe, some mach headfs and a rock, and I'll have a firearm, if I want it!" which is quite TRUE! " looks to me  sort of a Mac Gyverism and also an invitation for disaster.
Talking about  real life.... How many times have you done a  gun out of a pipe?
What pipe did you used? plumbing? electric? Any else? Wich material was pipe made of? What bore? What lenght?
How many matches did you used?
What kind of matches?
Any other propellant used?
What thing did you used as projectile? A rock? A tooth? Else? (personally i would use a handfull of  nails,or crushed glass... no sights on that wonder Grin )
Of course you've  had to use some kind of patching to adjust such an irregular projectile to the bore of  the pipe.... What was it made of?
What kind of ignition system?
Did the whole thing worked?
Yes? No?
Due to your"other" type of training did you dared to stay close or hold the thing with your  hands?
Was it effective enough as to kill / maim  (it's said any fragment capable of  making a hole through 1" pine wood can kill/wound a human being )
How many times have you done this whole thing?
BTW.... i didn't blew up five of five barrels .. i 've blown up a dozen or so... of a dozen ... Grin  (yeah... experience is the mother of science (spanish saying))
Just curious... What is your "other" type of training? Military?  any other we can know without having to be ...  erased?

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #21 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 12:19pm

Some of us hillbilly have local militin groups that do this kinda of stuff all the time. (i am not one of them)

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #22 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 1:28pm

What kinda of stuff?  Serious homemade firearms? or  the ones made out of a plumber pipe and using  a rock as  projectile...
I believe that's more of the 1st one. You have lot of suppliers to make your own  knives,  cars, boats... etc....
They sell you almost any kind of material from raw to kits, and it's legal to build your own, so i understand if someone has the knowlwdge, the tools, the skills, the time and the $$$ they can build a serious homemade firearm... or at least buy a kit and construct  and/or  customize.
That's totally different from the "give  me a pipe and some matches...." thingy
I wouldn't risk to make a plumber pipe firearm if i can get quality materials and do a good  (and safety)work.

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #23 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 3:34pm

The militint group near me made a homemade tank, land mines, and either bought or made the weopons full auto. I am sure that they make home made pipe bombs and other imporvised muntions

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #24 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 5:26pm

bombs (land mine, pipebombs, incendiaries, smoke  bombs etc...)are fairly simple  and almost anybody with some knowledgement and some common sense  can make and use them, besides  bombs are meant to explode far away from operator.  just  follow the recipe (don't worry if is not too accurate, as long as it catch fire decently it will explode when packed) , pack a fair amount of explosive (don't worry if you pack 500g or 750g it will explode anyways), set the ignition system (fuse... electric... chemical... ) and it will explode if no biiig mistake has taken place.
Making a previously bought firearm full auto is only a modification... you've bought the firearm, and ammo, and it works  properly,  only you're modifying it so it can fire  full auto...  totally different than making a firearm (and ammo) from  scratch.
you say they made a tank.... ? what is a tank?  i.e.
abrahams, leopards, merkavas and even shermans are tanks.
If they just armored a truck and put on it some kind of heavy  machine gun  or a grenade launcher... sorry but that is not a tank.  no caterpillars? that's not a tank either

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #25 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 8:37pm

The tank was a modified duce and half (big militairy truck) with steel on the outside with cement on the inside. It did have a big gun on it but i was to young last time i saw it to rember. I don't know if it could even move under it's own power, but it was bullet proof. Their guns were M16. Pretty sure that they were real not just filed down recervers. Let just say that when the police/militairy went in to take them out of the region, they were very scared of what they had. Mostly more scared of what they didn't have though.

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #26 - Jul 25th, 2004 at 4:01am

ok, i see
i won't mind to fire one of those m-16  wether if is a civilian or a modified (by an expert of course) or a military version, with any standar ammo, but  no way i would fire a  "give me a  pipe, some matches and a rock and i'll make a firegun" thingie .

IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #27 - Jul 25th, 2004 at 8:06am

Yeah, I had experience and training both in and out of the military which gave me the knowledge/ability to do that stuff.  My father was in the Army Security Agency, and knew a lot of stuff about firearms, weapons, safety, etc., and I was, among other things, an ordnance officer at one time, and served as an engineering intel officer doing bridge recon and demolition-type stuff, and had training in improvising booby traps, weapons, etc. from some fellas in funny green hats, as well as the hillybilly blackpowder gunnysmithy-like stuff background, and serving as a fedcop who was certified by the BATF and DEA to enforce thier laws, etc.!

Glad we agree that it's a BAD idea to try make firearms without proper training/knowledge.  I liked most of your reply, but didn't care for the hostile interrogation, and don't respond to those.  Anyone with access to the FM on improvising arms and ammo published by Uncle Sam can learn all the details, but I'm not going to offer any, and get us hillybillies  ridiculed.  This is a friendly forum, and I'd like it to stay that way.

Peace to you, friend, and please continue to stay away from those militia types and explosives, etc.    Glad you don't care for Macguyver!  I don't either.   My point was , even though I know how to do something, and have had success with certain things doesn't mean I will ever do them in the future, even though they may be done legally and safely, and gave the reasons why.  I'm glad we all agree.

After this message, I think maybe I will no longer volunteer so much information as I have in the past here, as I see that it may cause more discord than enlightenment.  I have always been careful to stay within the law, and don't want to encourage any possibly counterproductive actions or feelings.

Happy slinging!

IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #28 - Jul 25th, 2004 at 8:20am

Yeah, I had experience and training both in and out of the military which gave me the knowledge/ability to do that stuff.  My father was in the Army Security Agency, and knew a lot of stuff about firearms, weapons, safety, etc., and I was, among other things, an ordnance officer at one time, and served as an engineering intel officer doing bridge recon and demolition-type stuff, and had training in improvising booby traps, weapons, etc. from some fellas in funny green hats, as well as the hillybilly blackpowder gunnysmithy-like stuff background, and serving as a fedcop who was certified by the BATF and DEA to enforce thier laws, etc.!

Glad we agree that it's a BAD idea to try make firearms without proper training/knowledge.  I liked most of your reply, but didn't care for the hostile interrogation, and don't respond to those.  Anyone with access to the FM on improvising arms and ammo published by Uncle Sam can learn all the details, but I'm not going to offer any, and get us hillybillies  ridiculed.  This is a friendly forum, and I'd like it to stay that way.

Peace to you, friend, and please continue to stay away from those militia types and explosives, etc.    Glad you don't care for Macguyver!  I don't either.   My point was , even though I know how to do something, and have had success with certain things doesn't mean I will ever do them in the future, even though they may be done legally and safely, and gave the reasons why.  I'm glad we all agree.

Happy slinging!

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #29 - Jul 25th, 2004 at 11:22am

Sorry if  my questions look hostile, magnumslinger.
there goes my apologies to you... and my respect to all army men  (my father was a war veteran (spanish civil war 1936-39) and spent his life in the spanish air forces, he  retired general, my 2nd son is in armored infantry and my 3rd one will sign at the end of summer for marine infantry)

I just wanted to know if you ever have done one of those pipe  thingies and what did you used and how did it worked, not that i want the info to make one myself, but just to point out how -DIFFICULT- (and dangerous) is to make a firearm with a pipe,some matches and a rock that -REALLY- works.
I know how a muzzle loader works... but does that means i can build one with a plumbing  pipe and some matches?,  I've tried it several times with differnt materials, loads, sizes, projectiles, firing systems etc... sort of a research and lab test... and have blown a dozen out of  a dozen or so, therefore  my experience says  it's very, very, very difficult that such a device can work in real life.   and not too smart trying to use such an artifact to fire upon an enemy in order to take his  firearm even if that's the last resort, (sure you know some more effective, silent and safe last resorts)
Also not my intention to ridiculice any org. or individuals,  just a bit of irony
English is not my mother  language and  it's difficult for me to express exactly what i mean, or understand exactly what other posts are really trying to say, so again my apologies to you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner)