Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Maybe Impresses Chicks! (Read 13712 times)
Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Re: Maybe Impresses Chicks!
Reply #15 - Jul 2nd, 2006 at 11:25pm

sv! Please, control yourself!! Shocked                                                 
         This is a family forum!  Shocked  (   Grin  )                                       
         Now, then......As far as "impressing chicks" is concerned, I confess to being quite dubious. Most people don't even know what a sling is! ( Obviously we slingers have a lot of work ahead of us.  Tongue )
Unfortunately, I suspect that most people will just think we are aweful NERDS.  ???                                                                
         Many years ago, when I was in high school, my twin brother and I were out one night about 9PM with a small telescope. As there are trees around here, to look at certain parts of the sky we had to put the telescope out on the sidewalk in front of the house. Well, we had been observing for about 5 minutes when two girls walked down the street and passed by us. When they got close and saw what we were doing they both started laughing!   ??? Embarrassed Sad Cry                   
         Obviously they thought we were NERDS. And..........they were entirely correct.                                                                              
         Oh, well.......                                                        .......Dan

IP Logged

Tumakas
Descens

I'm slinging in the rain!

Las Vegas, NV
Reply #16 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 12:01am

It's okay to be a nerd because brains always owns brawns!
Example:

Nerds grow to be influential leaders, jocks grow to be athletes.

Nerds buy sports teams and thus own jocks.

As for the impressing chicks Mathias' idea sounds most effective. Add that technique with some tricks from Tint and girls become as attracted to as a paperclip is attracted to an MRI machine.

redleadersb HypapinoyskadA  
IP Logged

Loki
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 6:39am

Wow, now I feel slightly awkward for  being a celibate preist, I stopped trying to impress anybody like that a long time ago

Loki

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #18 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 10:42am

"Whilst"????  Nobody says "whilst" anymore Tongue

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #19 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 4:07pm

dont forget the behind the body tennis teacher style hug why showing them how to sling.
this i have used already works quite nicely lol

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #20 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 4:17pm

LOL SV, that poem is quite possibly the greatest one I have ever heard, slinging related or otherwise! Nice work!Of course, only slingers will get it, but if you recite it to a girl and she blushes, you know you're looking at a female slinger. Sort of a slinger mating call, if you will. Another trick I think would work would be the holding of her hand showing her how to hold the finger loop and clutch the knot. This could also work with female slingers and male students.

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

SilverFoxKnows
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

SoCal
Reply #21 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 4:44pm

I wouldn't bet on winning over any hotties with a sling. My wife is a pretty cool chick. She's gone with me to car shows, strip clubs and the firing range. She likes knives and muscle cars, dogs and horses. Plus, she's an old D&D geek. Even she rolls her eyes at me when I talk about slinging.

I'd love to see one of you guys prove me wrong, though Wink

Frank

SilverFoxKnows@yahoo.com

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #22 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 9:55pm

the girls are always impressed when i whip a stone way out away, but i have not yet had the chance to try out some of the "techniques" mentioned here.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Maeglin_Dubh
Ex Member

Apprentice Craftsman

Reply #23 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 10:27pm

I met my current girlfriend at a party where I walked behind her and drew a finger across her throat. She promptly criticqued my method, so we sat down for a little session of discussion on the proper method of throat slitting. After bringing up the fact that I could kill someone with a sheet of paper, we began the discussion of how to kill someone with a golf ball. I was sadly, at that time, not yet a slinger. So we decided to force it down the target's throat.

It was a year (during which she was usually not allowed to talk to me) before we actually entered a relationship. We haven't been together long, but on one of our little outings we were at a beach near her house and I bombarded the bay with beach stones. Taught her how, and she did pretty well.

During staff training at camp, I used some free time to make a braided sling on one of my first nights. While trying it outside the craft shack, two of the foreign girls came walking by and asked what I was doing. They had seen me from further up the trail. I told them I was trying a new sling and promptly sent one whipping into the underbrush. They sort of clung to each other and walked away, muttering to the effect that I was someone they would definitely want to be friends with. Definitely not enemies. My hobbies have an unusual effect on most people. I sometimes get through with a practice session to realize that the conversation that -had- been going on has been replaced by a wide-eyed audience. Same goes for when I do trick shots with my recurve.

IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #24 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 5:30am

imagination, wit and complexity - welcome on board.

sv

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #25 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 7:03am

Heeeey i play D&D right now Sad

Taiki  
IP Logged

Maeglin_Dubh
Ex Member

Apprentice Craftsman

Reply #26 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 10:46am

I converted an old D&Der to Risus. He was astonished that an entire character sheet could be fit on an index card. He also likes the fact that you can run through a session in as little as a half hour. Once we had a free hour, and we made three new characters and ran through a session I came up with entirely on the spot, using a map of the camp as a basis. They searched one building, got backpacks, searched another, got in a fight with a gang of ratmen, won, then went to scout another building where they were hearing some noises and aroused some Minotaurs, who the Irish Buddhist Monk of the group tried to negotiate with. It was at this point that we ran out of time. The original group consisted of an Irish Buddhist Monk (The DnDer), an Anglo-Irish ex-SAS officer, and an Irish linguist, thief, and electrician. Then I went and made my character for a one on one session with the DnDer... A philosophical ex-Green Beret Sniper, cynical daywalker, and novice Shadowmancer. Great fun.

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #27 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 2:15pm

i don't know if i should kiss you or hit you  Shocked googled it and i'm in love  Shocked its no d&d but its hilarious Cheesy

Taiki  
IP Logged

Maeglin_Dubh
Ex Member

Apprentice Craftsman

Reply #28 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 8:36pm

It's a wonderful system. It can be as loose or as tight as the GM and players wants it to be. Serious, goofy, however you like it; But the important thing to remember is, my character sheet is an index card. DnD can require something in the neighborhood of four sheets of letter paper, front and back, depending on the character's complexity. (In this case, a half-dragon drow monk.)

IP Logged

SilverFoxKnows
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

SoCal
Reply #29 - Jul 5th, 2006 at 8:11pm

Quote:
Heeeey i play D&D right now Sad

So do we. The Mrs. (Elven Druid) and I (Dwarven Barbarian) play with a couple of buddies every other week. I've been a D&D geek since first edition. I'm just saying that even hot geek chicks have their limits. Wink

Frank

SilverFoxKnows@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Morphy, Rat Man, vetryan15)