Weekend of slinging... (Read 954 times)
JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Weekend of slinging...
Jul 6th, 2004 at 8:23pm

I just got back from several days of leisurely vacation.  I went fishing, shot my target slingshot and of course, I slung lots of rocks.  The weather was rather wet, so I did not get to do as much as I wanted.

I even introduced my cousin's 5 year old son to the sling.  I gave him a nice one he can grow into.  We'll see what comes of that.

jeff <><

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Re: Weekend of slinging...
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2004 at 11:07am

Yay!  Teach the young to hit things with rocks!  I wanted to show my nephew (age 9) when he was out last month, but never got the chance.  Maybe next time.

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Re: Weekend of slinging...
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2004 at 3:44pm

Just got back from a week in the NC (North Carolina) mountains. Took my slings and bullroarers. I even carried my sling on a 12 mile, over night hike with my 11 year old son. Took along 3 concrete balls in hopes of running into a wild pig. No such luck Undecided But I did pretend that a rock was a wild boar and actually nailed it  d e a d  on Grin

I love slinging nice smooth river rocks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Rat Man, vetryan15)