Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
best throw (Read 1319 times)
hanswurst
Novicius

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

best throw
Jun 30th, 2004 at 8:28am

what is the sling with the most power i am from germany and i am interested in slings in german (schleudern) i am 1,94 meters high and i want to know who long the sling must be for me

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Re: best throw
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2004 at 9:03am

Herzlich Willkommen!

Ich bin zwar ziemlich neu am schleudern, aber ich denke, es gibt eine Schleuder für jede Sache. Wenn man genauigkeit haben möchtet, würde ich eine Peruvianschleuder vorschlagen. Aber wenn es kommt zu Kraft muss man wohl an neuere Material gucken. So wie Stahldraht und besondere Modellen.
Wie lang die Schleuder sein soll, hängt davon ab, wie lang Deine Arm ist. Und wie Du Dich damit zufrieden bist.
So lange ich hier im Forum bin, habe ich nicht von längere Schleudern als 1 m ( as doppel) gehört. Die normale liegt wohl zwischen 0,5 und 1m würde ich schätzen.
Eine kurze Schleuder geht von der finger-spitze bis zum Ellenboge, eine "normale geht zur Axel und eine lange fast bis zum nächsten Arm.

______
In english:
Welcome!
I´m still new in slinging, but I think there is a sling ¨for every thing, if you want accuracy I would recommend a peruviansling. If one want power I would say, you will have to take new things like steel-wires and models that fits to it.  How long the sling must be, depends on your arms and what you feel comfortable. I seldom heard of longer slings then 1m ( as doubble) the normal one is maybe between 0,5 and 1m  I would say. A short one measure from you fingertip to the elbow, a normal one reached to your shoulder and a long one goes almost to your next arm.

Surf around on this site and you will found a lot of good things and information. And I strongly recommend, that you use the search funktion.

Have fun, good luck!

Und noch einmal herzlich Willkommen!

Grüsse aus Schweden
Ulrica
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2004 at 2:31pm by Ulrica »  

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2004 at 11:04am

Ulrica,

It must be nice to have someone write in from Germany Grin I enjoy looking at other languages written out. I am learning Spanish. I would love to be able to speak it well someday.

David

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2004 at 1:29pm

David,

yeah, I like write in german, altough I´m not doing it perfect.
Spanish are also a nice language, I´m sure you´ll learn it well in the end.
I suggest you make a friend in spanien so you can write to eachother and learn that way too. That makes it more fun.

Ulrica
.. who has not been slinging for a very long time and really miss it.

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2004 at 2:24pm

hanswurst,

You are very tall, so your sling could be longer too. If you interesteed on slinging for range, you could start... lets say with a 1-1.1 m (folded) sling. When you get feeling of that, you may try a longer and longer one.

Hurra! Urlica has come back!

Ulrica, nice to see you again over here Smiley

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2004 at 2:27pm

Grin   Grin   Grin

Thank you, Jurek!
Nice to be back among friends!

Ulrica

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Morphy, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris)