Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heavy Duty Kite String (Read 903 times)
BarneyRubble
Tiro

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Heavy Duty Kite String
May 27th, 2004 at 10:30pm

Can Kite String be use for a woven sling? I have some 250 pound test kite string from my Japanese Rokaku  (really huge) Kite.  I am not sure whether it is Kevlar or Nylon, but it is extremely strong. It is about 1/16" inch thick and I am thinking of making a sling from some of this material.  Would it be any good?

Also how does one post images on the forum?

Quote:
Levity is the sole of twit - Apple loan you us

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Re: Heavy Duty Kite String
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2004 at 11:04pm

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know about the kite string. Undecided Sounds like it would be strong enough but I'm not familiar with how stiff kevlar is.

Chris is the top dude and founder of this site, Email your images to him and he can post them.

Tell us some of your sling stories or how you found us.

Welcome,

David

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Re: Heavy Duty Kite String
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2004 at 1:45pm

It would be fine! Though some here would suggest that if you have 250lb material to start with, you should just use a single strand for the cords, sleeve the ends and build yourself an ultra-low drag super-range sling. If you braid a sling, you'll have the usual multi purpose device: hold up pants, bag a rabbit for dinner, sling a broken arm (not that kind) PLUS tow your truck out of the ditch etc..

Your kite string works out to about the same as the stuff I used for this sling: (one on the right)

Matthias

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Morphy, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark)