Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
rim fire shot gun shells? (Read 1580 times)
Justin Ball

rim fire shot gun shells?
May 19th, 2004 at 5:18pm

Does anyone know if rim fire shot gun shells are/were available, or old casings for reloading? It would seem to me you could take a potato, use a spade bit to hollow out a 7/8" hole, stuff the shell in, rim out. When it struck a hard surface, the primer would ignite the charge and...what do you call the shell that is packed with 3/8 dia balls used for "street sweeping?  This all purely hypothetical and totally silly.

Justin

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Re: rim fire shot gun shells?
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2004 at 8:39pm

Yes, CCI makes a shotgun round for 22. It has number 12 shot in the round. Yes some ammo company does make a round with three staked balls in it. It is a .357 round with three staked balls. It is a personal defense round. Cheaper than dirt has all these rounds. Also .410 has three staked buckshot rounds in the shell.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2004 at 9:18pm

Hey, guys,

I missed the part of this thread that has to do with slings.

jeff <><

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

srgs9

slingers know how to get
their rocks off

Midwest U.S.A.
Reply #3 - May 20th, 2004 at 12:54am

Jeff...looks like a carry over from the fire sling thread. The idea of useing spent CO2 cartrages and all.

It would seem to me that useing potatoes wouldn't work for ammo useing rim fire for detionation... However slinging regular small potatoes works well when fooling around... But on the other hand I'd rather eat them than send them down range. After all rocks are free and potatoes are good in stew Wink.

If it came down to it... I personaly wouldn't want something that goes bang when it hits the ground(spreading shrapnel,and or other nastyness) to fall out of my sling pouch.

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #4 - May 21st, 2004 at 11:53pm

Anything that produces shrapnel is not a great idea.  Molotov cocktail type projectiles are easier to handle and are less dangerous, unless you've used some explosive payload instead of just a flammable one.  Even if they fall out and break, your not looking at any kind of bodily penetration, just be prepared to roll around.  Best to have someone standing by with a fire extinguisher if you're going to test. 

As the site's administrator, I can't condone any dangerous actions.  If you are going to proceed at your own risk, I wish you luck.

Chris

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Kick, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Chris)