Send Topic Print
Rapid Fire Technique? (Read 6511 times)
Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Re: Rapid Fire Technique?
Reply #30 - May 24th, 2004 at 2:54pm

I am experimenting with another technique. After the cast, I use the free forefinger and thumb of my right hand to grab the retention cord about an inch up the length. My left hand holds a stone and with my middle finger, hook the part of the retention cord between the loop and where the forefinger and thumb of my right hand are grasping the cord. Then I lighten up my grip and slide the whole sling through my forefinger and thumb, stopping when the release knot is also held in may right hand and my left hand is placing the stone in the pocket. Awkward, but I'm working on it!

IP Logged

goblin
Tiro

i sling like the best
of them!

canada
Reply #31 - Jun 2nd, 2004 at 4:25pm

HI! i havent been around for a while, stuff i had to do that needed to be done and i was without a computer. i will be loosing my use of a computer soon as well since i am going away until the end of july. but i like the idea of slinging more than one stone at a time and maybe if you made i release cord with two pouches connect, OR EVEN MORE POUCHES!!!! then you could sling more than one stone. just a thought, ttyl all!

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #32 - Jun 3rd, 2004 at 11:38pm

How about a multi-pouch design where there are a series of them connected by the same cords.  It would look like a ladder, or floors in a building.  WHen you release the retention cord, all the pouches would open.  You'd have to leave enough room above each pouch so the upper one didn't interfere, but it could work.  Because each pouch is at different radii, you'd also get different ranges at each level, which would have an interesting effect on things like mass infantry formations, which have depth.

Chris

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Chris, vetryan15, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)