Send Topic Print
Strange Ponderings (Read 2819 times)
srgs9

slingers know how to get
their rocks off

Midwest U.S.A.
Strange Ponderings
May 5th, 2004 at 6:16am

Some how years ago I started entertaining myself with this idea...
Let's say something happens tomorrow and knocks the human race back a few thousand years. Also a "new age of discovery" rears it's ugly head and the first place to be excavated is your house. What would these "people of science" make of the stuff in your "cave"? ... I'm pretty sure between modern gizmos (that don't work in the future) and other stuff (ie. everything from "new" primative tools and weapons to modern firearms and odd experements) there would be some serious head scratching going on the grounds of  my "cave".
Then ofcourse it gets a bit more humourious when thinking of neighborhoods, towns, and cities.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Re: Strange Ponderings
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2004 at 6:42am

You mean people from the future will came and search through my house?
I think they will find everything very "old". Like something they just read about in the history-lessons or something.

I rather like thinking about how it would be if I somehow was transformed to the stoneage and what they would think of my clothes for example..
But I wouldnīt be able to surwive there so long.. I just donīt know everything I would need to know.

Or if someone from the stoneage was entering our time..  With everything we do have. Water from the wall.. toilette.. the food... all rules we have....cars, airplans.. And just the fact we can not drink water we found in the woods.. How to explane that to a person that donīt know what pollution (ehh. I can not found the right word in my head..) is.

It makes me so sad to think about what we have done to our planet..

But enough with this. I think Iīm bit down today.. So i better stop writing before I stuck you all with my bad mood Wink
I better get out and sling some stones!
Or just get me another cup of coffee.

Take care!
Ulrica

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2004 at 11:04am

Let's hope my place isn't used as an example of how we live.  "According to our findings, people used slings and swords well into the 21st century.  Renaissance clothing was commonly worn at this time as well.  In addition, this time period showing heavy influence from feudal Asiatic cultures, or possibly just a later development of the same farming implements and dress styles."

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #3 - May 5th, 2004 at 12:23pm

Grin  Hobb, that was good!!   Grin

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - May 5th, 2004 at 2:32pm

Aw, shucks, ma'am. Embarrassed

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2004 at 3:19pm

Quote:
Or if someone from the stoneage was entering our time..  With everything we do have. Water from the wall.. toilette.. the food... all rules we have....cars, airplans..
I heard about some amerindians from Brazil who had never been out of the Amazon.  They had lived just as their ancestors had done, with "primitive" tools and techniques; essentially, the stone age.  They were taken one day in adulthood to Sao Paulo, and, seeing planes and cars "proceeded to wet themselves lavishly and in unison."
   I think we can go and blame the Romans for all the bad things we have done to the planet.  I really, really hate the Romans.  They destroyed, assimilated, and wrecked ancient cultures, and brain washed people, for power, and money.  (I think I can see parallels with today.)  They also left babies on land fill sites if they were disabled, or even, ugly.  They created propaganda, and destroyed much of Greece, which, although settled, is a good place, for it produced philosophy, and music, and didn't go to the trouble of destroying othger cultures for it.  My personal heroes are the Huns, under Attila.  They tried to preserve their way of life, and preserver the planet, by going and wrecking the Roman empire.  And very successful they were too.
  I think that if my home were investigated, there would be some strange discoveries.  My room is essentially a workshop, filled, literally, with weapons.  I do not think these would last thousands of years, however.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus)