Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PAIN! (Read 3353 times)
Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
PAIN!
May 1st, 2004 at 10:02pm

I've been slinging everyday this past week. Working on more power with my accuracy. I started to notice a little soreness in my right side around Thursday and by Friday afternoon I was hurt'n!! It was so bad later that night I could not take a deep breath! Almost as bad as broken ribs! Today I was casting stones with my left hand and was getting pretty good accuracy at about 20 yards. Maybe now I have an excuse to develop my left handed style!! Where are those ice packs and heating pads..............!

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

WalkingBird
Descens

Slinger of stones

Re: PAIN!
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2004 at 9:01am

Johnny
   Don't ya just hate it when that happens. Having fun and then you realize your not 20 any more. Well, good luck learning to sling lefty. That's really doing some thing! Maybe with some pratice you will be like one of the seven hundred men of Gibeah.

WalkingBird

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2004 at 2:51pm

Walkingbird
You're so right about "not being 20 anymore"! Even though I'm in good shape, it is so easy to injure yourself after 40!

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

goblin
Tiro

i sling like the best
of them!

canada
Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2004 at 4:03pm

i am 18, so that "not being 20 anymore" excuse doesn't work for being injured lol! too bad..... when i am 21 i can use it though! hehe!!!  Tongue

IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2004 at 8:47pm

Wow! How did you break your ribs slinging?  Shocked My condolences. The stone didn't hit you as it went around, did it?  ???

IP Logged

WalkingBird
Descens

Slinger of stones

Reply #5 - May 2nd, 2004 at 9:55pm

Johnny
Yeah! We didn't know how good we had it as kids. Im much closer to 50 than 40 and an afternoon slinging will also leave me sore, even though I feel like I'm in good shape. But just being out and about slinging is still a blast. though sometimes I pay for it in sore mussels.

It's a good thing God gives old men wisdom, because as our strength wains and recovery takes longer we are going to need it.

I remember when I used to blast out of bed in the moring and be ready for a full day of anything. Now I've got to warm up, stretch, exercise just to get ready to do anything.

I think my dog has it figured out, when he wakes up he stretches the front end, yawns, sticks out his toung, then he stretches the back end, then he starts over with the front end stretch, then to the back end stretch, then he shakes his head an the shake continues all the way to his tail, then he yawns once more, sits down an takes a good look around him if he don't like what he sees he goes back to bed. God! That dog's got it made! Angry All that and he never has a pulled mussle.  Grin

WalkingBird

IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #6 - May 4th, 2004 at 1:19pm

Actually you probably pulled your serratus muscle.

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Reply #7 - May 4th, 2004 at 1:31pm

I'm still in pain!
Maybe in a week I'll be casting stones again!
Johnny

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Chris)