spear heads (Read 7870 times)
Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Re: spear heads
Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2004 at 4:48am

Lol i'm an urban "neanderthal" and i take advantage of what it's at hand.... gardener's bamboo shaft covered with green poliethylene,  rapid araldit epoxi, hemp cord (i would use polyamide or nylon or whatever) and electrical tape  jus to give it a nice finish and cover the araldit grubs lol,  i just wanted a working  spear , not a faithful historic replica Grin

Hmmmm... did i mentioned the base tip made with an 8mm bolt ,epoxied and provisionally reinforced with american powertape? Grin
nice for using spear as a walking stick

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2004 at 7:40am

Quote:
I'm headed back to Australia, a country that has banned or is in the process of banning anything that looks vaguely dangerous, or looks like it might be used to hurt someone else. No, I don't want to discus how crazy the Aussies are, I know that already.

My concern is: what can I keep for home defence when in Australia?

Same problem with fire arms. and other weapons here in Spain, i always keep a fixed blade at hand beside my bed (currently Muela scorpion  11" sharp blade) and my heavy tomahawk just in case Smiley

I also carry my Glock 81 field and survival knife any time, so it's another 6" fixed blade at hand  (center knife in the pic)

I hope (and pray) i never get in the scenario of having to use them to deter home invasion, but i keep tools at hand.
It's better to have something else than your bare hands.
I agree with english, spear is not a good idea inside a house, cause lack of space (i.e my spear is about 6 feet long) better use it in open space to keep out of hand held weapon  reach, even the tomahawk or a club need some space to swing it... Personally in a close quarter combat inside a house i would feel more confident with a knife cause i don't need much space to handle it, and may be cause i use them at work every day since ages and i'm used to it.
Anyway check local weapon laws,  i.e. here in Spain need a license if  knife blade is over 4",  doubled edged are ilegal, military knives are ilegal, automatic folders are ilegal, but no problem if you carry an axe, or a club, or a sword or a battle mace  Grin

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #17 - Sep 9th, 2004 at 5:14pm

how did i break the boar spear? well i was testing the strenght of the shaft i love to test my stuff and i was jumping on it well im around 200pounds and i snaped it when i jumped on it. Oh the spear head was not attached im not that stupid haha. any way it was hard as hell to break and i think you could do anything with it that you want and it wont break.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #18 - Sep 10th, 2004 at 5:42pm

A sword might be a better idea than a spear for home defense.  You can use one in tighter quarters and their easier to use: kindof.  I don't know if they allow swords in australia either, though.

solobo88  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #19 - Sep 10th, 2004 at 8:46pm

surely down under they'd let you have a bat.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #20 - Sep 10th, 2004 at 9:44pm

haha

anyway i would go with a axe.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Sep 11th, 2004 at 12:32pm

I'd agree with Gun - a bat would be a good idea.  Not illegal, not usually deadly and capable of dealing with anything from rodents and spiders to larger animals.

IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #22 - Sep 13th, 2004 at 3:13pm

The baseball bat -- ancient martial arts tool of the future!

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #23 - Sep 13th, 2004 at 4:09pm

in the house how about a 4# crosspeam hammer

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #24 - Sep 13th, 2004 at 4:18pm

youve gotta love hammers!!

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark)