Send Topic Print
I need help slinging (Read 5708 times)
Mithras

Slinging beach pebbles
off the Yorkshire coast

East Yorkshire, England
Re: I need help slinging
Reply #15 - Apr 23rd, 2004 at 4:16pm

I'm not so bad on range, but it takes me half an hour to build up to a decent range, changing my angle of rotation, picking out stones that are not too light, not too heavy - you know. I slung some fantastic ranges on the beach today in glorious sunshine. Perfect day really ...

My problem is accuracy. Slinging underhand, I either go skyhigh or roll along the ground or just fly at snails pace. Can't seem to get a powerful short-range action going. Again, practice I suppose. I'm finding a tilted underhand with a powerful flick and body twist is perhaps my best technique so far.

Practice. Practice. Practice.  Cheesy

They shrink for fear, abated of their rage,&&Nor longer dare in a blind fight engage;&&Contented now to gall them from below&&With darts and slings, and with the distant bow.&&&&Aeneid 9.503&&
IP Logged

nathan_gill
Tiro

Rocks don't get stuk in
trees

Re: I need help slinging
Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2004 at 1:27pm

That's right Mithras,practice,practice,practice.Start out at close range,REALLY close range(5yds);my favorite target is an empty milk jug on a pole,and start out with heavy rocks (5-6oz),there easier to control.Try overhand,you can get more power at close range,but it takes some geting use to.

Hope this helps, ;Nathan Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Kick, Morphy)