Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Now my arm really hurts (Read 2229 times)
nwmanitou

Utah, USA
Now my arm really hurts
Apr 12th, 2004 at 10:36pm

Well, ever had one of those days? The type that don't seem to work the way as planned.

I just got a nice camcorder from some friends. It's a funny story; it had quit working for them so they were going to throw it away but instead gave it to me. I purchased a $9.51 head cleaner and now it works good as new. Anyways, I went fishing Saturday, so I figured I'd bring it along to get some slinging footage. It was so windy that the camera and tripod would have been blown over, so I just slung until my arm was worn out.

Today I tried again. My wife and I drove up the canyon near school and found a nice place to toss some rocks. I set up the camera and tripod and went about collecting ammunition. Then my wife told me that the battery was dead.  It's funny how if you excersise when you are sore, it loosens it all up. The battery is now in the charger, it may be worn out, but tomorow is round three.

IP Logged

WalkingBird
Descens

Slinger of stones

Re: Now my arm really hurts
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 10:42pm

nwmanitou
    Good luck with your next attempt. 8) But isn't a sore arm kind of worth it? Cheesy Cheesy   A good day slinging, how bad could it be Wink

Hope you get that footage!
WalkingBird

IP Logged

nwmanitou

Utah, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 10:48pm

Yeah. Actually working out when sore seems to help quite a bit.

Anyone in the Provo Utah area is welcomed to join me.  MSG me if you want to know where I'll be.

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 11:16pm

Slinging when sore can help with technique, sometimes.  Be careful, though.  You might use bad form to avoid the pain.

Please let us know when you have some footage you can put on the web.  Or does your camcorder do that?

jeff <><

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

nwmanitou

Utah, USA
Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 12:50am

Naw, I just sling too hard. I put my whole body into it, even my calves are sore. I've had to do some specialized exercise to prevent injury from slinging before. The way I sling can cause a subluxeting shoulder, much like baseball, volleyball, and tennis players.

Well, providing the battery isn't a dud, I should have footage tomorow, and possibly in a format that I can upload to the board. It would almost be fun to have just a page with a quick vid of everyone's respective slinging technique.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, vetryan15, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Kick)