Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
speed (Read 1953 times)
Sean

(@")=====@(kirb y boxing)

Florida
speed
Apr 5th, 2004 at 10:16pm

i made a sling with braided hemp with a pocket made out of jean and i tried twirling it over my head, flinging it underhand and flinging it overhand like a baseball pitch and i cant get it to go very far or very fast any suggestions?

*shatter* I HIT A WINDOW RUN!!!!!!
sharpieman99  
IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Re: speed
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2004 at 12:16am

I find that underhand is the best for ranged shots because you can angle the release around 45 degrees.  I recommend you read some of the articles on the site and read what other people have found that works (slinging.org/articles.html).  You really just need to experiment and see what works for you.  A common "mistake" is people rotating their entire arm, when you really should mainly rotate at the wrist, as this provides the most power.  Heaver rocks might do the trick too.  Your sling could also be at fault, causing to much drag and limiting your power, or simply too short. 

Chris

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2004 at 8:19am

See the postings and video clips at "Video: Head Shot".  They were a big help to me.    mgreenfield

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2004 at 8:26am

I think you probably need bigger rocks.  And if throwing overarm, try to utilise as many muscles as possible.  Try to visualise throwing a javelin.

IP Logged

nwmanitou

Utah, USA
Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2004 at 10:00am

I am going to make a vid of my throw this week. Perhaps we can start a trend. I know a few have posted already, perhaps a few more will.

IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2004 at 2:14pm

Sharpieman, You may want to experiment with different styles of casting. In the cast you described (and in fact with all casts), you really need to perform a brief "surge" with your body just before you release, that is lean back a litttle, then forward a little, then release. This may add more power.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Chris, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Kick)