Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hi this is goblin i am new! (Read 2271 times)
goblin
Tiro

i sling like the best
of them!

canada
hi this is goblin i am new!
Apr 4th, 2004 at 11:22pm

hey yah i have wanted to make a sling for ever. one day on the discovery channel or the history channel i saw this huge thing about trebuchet's! and i started making them out of popsicle sticks. i could never get the sling right cause i didnt know what it was. (i was 9). but now i am much older ( i am 17) i was inspired again by i dont know i think it was a game i play. anyways, i got back into it and researched trebuchets on the internet. i then realized that it was a sling that they used. so i decided to look up resources on how to make slings and i came across this site so i book marked it. i know have created my first sling and although i am pleased (somewhat) with it. i now want to make more and go out in the county and use it a lot! lol. i didnt realize being accurate would be as hard as it sounds. my aim is going to need a bit of work! hehe! Grin but as for now i am happy. i never thought that a pouch and a couple of strings could bring so much happyness! hehe!  8) Shocked i wanted to share my first time with others who have had the same experience so that way i could get some positive feedback and stories of their first times. i am going to make a trebuchet soon as well. but i need to save up some money for materials though. anyways i am talked enough but hey these things rule. and the best thing is, slings are not illegal where i am from (i have looked into it). AWESOME!!!! yes. i am a noob. ! nice to meet any who wish to respond!
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2004 at 2:08am by Chris »  

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Re: hi this is goblin i am new!
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2004 at 11:50pm

Great to have you here Goblin.

My trebuchet only cost $40 in materials.  It stood a respectable 5 foot tall and had a 9 foot throwing arm.  It was made a of 2x4's and had a 1 inch steel down for the main axle (the latter is the hardest part to find and get cheaply). 

Slinging is great, and definitely a sport for life.  Have you checked out the articles section?  Lots of great advice there.

Chris

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2004 at 2:06am

Welcome Goblin!

IŽm sure youŽll like it here.
you can find stories about how we started slinging under this subject:

http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=10744851...

/Ulrica

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

WalkingBird
Descens

Slinger of stones

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2004 at 10:49pm

goblin

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Let us know how your slinging is coming along.

WalkingBird

IP Logged

goblin
Tiro

i sling like the best
of them!

canada
Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2004 at 3:04pm

Thnx for your greatings. i have checked out the articles already thnx for the info. and i will check out that thread now! thnx again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)