Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Primitive Subsistence Skills (Read 8586 times)
nwmanitou

Utah, USA
Primitive Subsistence Skills
Mar 31st, 2004 at 9:44pm

I was just surfing around and found this site. There are a lot of great articles on it about primitive living skills.

http://www.primitiveways.com

My love of slings and archery grew out of my love for the outdoors and the skills necessary to survive, even be comfortable, in the wilderness.

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Re: Primitive Subsistence Skills
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2004 at 3:04am

That is a good website.  I think I shall visit it frequently.  It has everything about "primitive" skills.  In fact, I have been looking over the articles, and some of it might be really useful.  I like the "Hoko Knife", and the articles about bows.

IP Logged

WalkingBird
Descens

Slinger of stones

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2004 at 8:15pm

nwmanitou

IP Logged

WalkingBird
Descens

Slinger of stones

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2004 at 8:17pm

nwmanitou

Truely appreciate you sharing that link! I may never have time to do things like that, but I enjoy reading, and know as much of that sort of thing as possible.

Thanks  Cheesy

WalkingBird

IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2004 at 9:02pm

so it says stuff on primitive subsistence?

should go camping some time with no clothes on and a broke knife and a hungry idiot, who is related to you .
hmmm.

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2004 at 3:51am

What in the hell..............

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2004 at 12:47pm

is that camping? well leave me out hell fire. ill keep my clothing. But look on the bright side you could eat the ideot if you cant catch something.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

DCR

Cute slogan pending. ~Management

Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2004 at 12:11am

That's a cool site, indeed.

If you're gonna be camping naked, the idiot should be of the opposite sex and NOT related to you! Shocked

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #8 - Nov 26th, 2004 at 8:29am

yes, well you should also bring salt. for when you run out of food, and must be forced to eat him.

"i swear officer those where the 2 longest days of my life i had to eat something! and he was just there and i had my knife, we where both naked for somereason, and well i dident want too wast this salt..."

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 26th, 2004 at 12:55pm

I get the impression, and I'm probably not alone, that DCR did not mean that you should eat someone, and if you did, it would not be in the entirely literal sense.

IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 11:46am

yep
idiot eating is probably raised to an art form by now, with all those idiots who go camping.

(news report) " Well i forgot my stove, knife, salt, everything, so i just ate a dog sandwich."
you acturallly wouldnt believe how often that happens a dog sandwich

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #11 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 12:24pm

Ide use the dog to help me hunt. My dane cant catch rabbets becase when he lowers his head to catch them he trips over himself, but i think that he could run down a small dear if i hit it first with an atlalt to slow it down.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #12 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 1:10pm

I went to visit some friends at their ranch/farm in Mendocino county, northern California some years ago.

After driving the 12 miles (off the paved road that is) up to their place, I discovered that they weren't in. They were expecting me, but had apparently stepped out, leaving me alone with their German Shepherd, Killer.

Well, I got boed and decided to take a walk in the woods, having come from the suburbs. The dog came with me. Soon the dog ran off, and I realized that I should keep him pretty close, so I called him.

I heard a bleating sound come from the woods. It certainly wasn't the dog. Sounded like a goat or a....

I called the dog again and he returned with a big happy face covered with blood. I heard the bleating sound again and ran to it.

In a small ravine there was a deer, slowly dying. I thought it would recover, since it was still standing. As I died I cursed the dog, since the kill was downhill, and on a neighbor's property. Always hunt uphill, you stupid mutt!

Anyway, I carved it up and made the best use of it I could.

IP Logged

Mike_R
Funditor

Reply #13 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 1:25pm

Right on! I was thinking that if I got lost I could make my silly siamese cat catch birds for us to eat. The only problem would be fighting her for the bird!

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #14 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 4:37pm

thats the great thing about dogs. They are willing to share there kill with you. Cats you can trick them once, by taking there bird but the next time that cat will drag the bird up a tree.

we have a cat, Tom is his name, who is 16, my mom got him when i was born. He can catch a bird and skinn the thing i dont think i could do a job like that if i had a scalpel and a week to gut the thing. he skinns it, then removes all the meat. leaving the guts, feathers and bones laying there. Its pretty cool. we where poisoning rats one time and he got one. He ate the meat and left the stomace untouched.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini)