Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Staff Sling Fun! (It's a sling right? :-) ) (Read 14413 times)
Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Re: Staff Sling Fun! (It's a sling right? :-) )
Reply #15 - Apr 3rd, 2004 at 5:01pm

Snow is great (sometimes) we don't get much at sea-level but the mountains get hammered. It makes for fun trebutchet play if it's wet enough to pack. You can obviously make great sling ammo too! No sling-snowball fights allowed though... it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... err head?

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #16 - Apr 4th, 2004 at 7:06pm

I've had a sling snow ball fight.  As long as the snow isn't really hard (aka ice balls) it's great fun.  On impact, they just turn into a puff of white dust.  The problem is, it takes an awfully long time to make one and load it.  You need about 10 people to make it fun.

Chris

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 6th, 2004 at 12:43pm

Southern England never, ever gets snow.  We get maybe an inch of watery, icy stuff once in February usually, lasting for about half a day.  And it isn't really hot in summer (except last summer, which was really great.)  It rains all the time too.  So I have never tried snow slinging.  I used to live in New York, so I know what heavy snowfall is like, but I have never been slinging with it.

IP Logged

WildAtHeart
Descens

woo hoo

Atlanta GA
Reply #18 - Apr 11th, 2004 at 11:18pm

Here's how I made my old staff sling:

Take one 4 or 5 foot staff, like a broom handle. Take a sling with one string being 3 feet, and the other 3 feet + about half the length of the shaft. The end of the short string is tethered to the end of the stick. Also, at that end, screw in a little metal hook. Take the long string, thread it through the metal hole, and then lay it across the rest of the shaft. Then, load the pocket. Hold the long string on the shaft, and throw like you would a lacrosse stick. Then at the end, release the long string.
Try it!

WWW wormscout13  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, vetryan15, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Morphy)