Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello! just introducing myself (Read 4901 times)
friebejr

Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Hello! just introducing myself
Mar 29th, 2004 at 4:41am

Friends from slinging.org:

I found this wonderful website two hours ago, and i have just registeresd myself in this forum. I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, I am a pre-school teacher and I love slings!
Two years ago I found the Federacion Balear de Tiro con Honda website. I contacted them, and they were really great! since them I have bought a sling from one of the better sling makers of the Balear's Island, and I have got a great video from them, and some written material. This material is written in Valencian language and spanish, and the video is spoken in valencian, but here is one of that cases where "pictures paints a thousand words"... it is really fine! I don't know if they have it for sale, but I can assure it is worth on!
I had a lot of difficulties trying to practise slinging at the begining, but now it is getting better (well, I must thank my fiancee for being catching thousands of times the tennis balls I used to practise it with). I use to practise on the beach at night, after 11:00 P.M., as at this time I can't hurt nobody!
CheesyThank you very much for the opportunity of being learning from all of you. I read that some of you were much interested about information from spanish sites; well, I don't have a lot of free time but, if someone helps me, and of course if the site's owners allow us to  translated its contents, we could do it together... I would need a lot of help, as I have been not writing in english for a long time (as you can see... hehehe...), but I can read it well, and I can read spanish almost like if it was my own language...
My Best wishes for all.

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Re: Hello! just introducing myself
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 6:51am

Welcome to the site Friebejr!
We look forward to your comments! It is great to have some members from South America! We all know the Aztecs, Mayas and Peruvian slingers are world famous!
Welcome again!
Johnny

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 8:15am

Yes, welcome, and your English is great.   And most of us are trying to figure out the sling ourselves.   We would love to see any video you can make available.   mgreenfield

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 10:39am

Welcome Friebejr,

Yes, your English is very good.  I know I'm very busy, but perhaps you can correspond with some members here and translate some documents. 

Best,
Chris

IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 11:57am

O.K., we've got Ulrica, Hondero, Yurek, now friebegr... am I the only one who feels like a loser for being mono-lingual?  Gotta get me some language learnin'!  Welcome, friebejr! 
Do you have a link to the Federacion Balear de Tiro con Honda website?  I want to see if babelfish.altavista.com can translate it, and look at any pretty pictures they might have.

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 1:04pm

Welcome  friebejr!

It looks like the slinging.org will have representatives on all continents soon.

Jurek, who would like to use English as well as you Smiley

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

Hondero

Madrid-SPAIN
Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 4:15pm

Friebejr,
It´s nice you have contact with Balearic people and that they sent to you sling information. If you need help translating Catalán I can do it, and also Foner in this forum, who is Valencian. Nice also you can understand very well Spanish.
Bienvenido, Brasileiro.

He brought a conquering sword..., a shield..., a spear... , a sling from which no erring shot was discharged.&&
IP Logged

archeorob
Descens

Know when to duck!

Wisconsin
Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 5:54pm

Finalmente, um fundador que fala a lingua pura!  ok, my portuguese is beginning to get rusty.  glad to have you on board!  I look forward to what you can contribute!

Rob

Archeorob rob+Fullmer  
IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #8 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 6:30pm

Welcome!!

Tell us how you got a video from the Balearic Islands!!!
We have all been seeking that type of slinging video.

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Reply #9 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 7:13pm

Welcome, Friebejr.  This is a great place, you will like it.

Like Hobb, I am a multilingual illiterate.  I can not read, wrrite or speak over a hundered languages.  I am forevermore mono-lingual.

jeff <><

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Stone Slinger/Stick Thrower

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #10 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 7:51pm

Friebejr,

Welcome to the forum!  I tried to get a video from the Federation, but wasn't able to.  That's awesome you have one.  In the video, what slinging style did you notice the Balearic slingers mainly used?  When I was at their website, it looked to me like most of their slings were about 24" long.  Is this true? 

To sling at night, you must be very dedicated.  It's great to have you here. 

Ben

IP Logged

friebejr

Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Reply #11 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 8:50pm

Thanks for  the wellcome messages you have sent to me.
Whipartist, I will contact Mr. Mateo Canellas, from the Federacion, and ask him about the videos. Everything there is also done by amateurs, they work a lot and do nice job concerning the sport. I am planning a travel to spain next year, and If i travel I will surely be with them.
In their official Rule Book for  sling throwing,  it is written that the maximum lenght of a sling, measured by its half, must be 1,00 m. ( +/- 40''), so I think the total lenght must be less than 2,00m. I will take a measure of my sling and then I'll tell you.

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #12 - Mar 30th, 2004 at 7:34am

Balaeric Federacion has a Rule Book!!!  That's an item for the articles section of this forum, ....even in Catalan or whatever language!!   How can we get??   mgreenfield

IP Logged

SnapCut

USA
Reply #13 - Mar 30th, 2004 at 11:47am

Hello and Welcome Friebejr Smiley

It looks like you are off and running very well in the world of slinging.

I hope to see alot more from you.

A SLING IS SO MANY WONDERFUL THINGS

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner)