Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shipping out (Read 3171 times)
Luke

Long range projectile
enthusiast

Shipping out
Mar 26th, 2004 at 12:41am

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that I ship out to Ft. Benning, GA on the 30th. for Army Basic Training. Thanks to everyone for all the sling information I've found on this site! It's definitely something that I'll be doing for many more years!

Stay safe and shoot straight!  Smiley

Luke

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Re: Shipping out
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2004 at 12:54am

Hang in there Luke and sling some "lead" for us all! This is one American that is for our military, President and the war on terror. My prayers go out to you and your family and may God put his shield around you!
Johnny

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2004 at 1:46am

Good luck! 

Chris

IP Logged

LBray500
Tiro

Lyman, Ut (USA)
Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2004 at 10:41am

Hey Luke!

Good luck to you.  I did basic training and jump school at Ft. Benning in the 80's.  I considered using my sling during hand grenade training but decided against it.  Hate to have one of those babies slip out of the pouch!  Work hard and have a good time.  Thanks for doing your part.

Larry

IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2004 at 2:48pm

Bring your sling with you if you can - you can impress your buddies and maybe make some converts! Smiley

IP Logged

Luke

Long range projectile
enthusiast

Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2004 at 4:24pm

Thanks for the kind words all Smiley

Larry B: What was your MOS? I'm going in 11X (either 11B or 11C, their call) with Airborne and RIP. Hopefully I'll get to do some fun stuff  Wink

IP Logged

LBray500
Tiro

Lyman, Ut (USA)
Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2004 at 8:07pm

Hey Luke,

I was 11B.  Basic was not too high speed but quite a few laughs.  Airborne school was great.  I then went to the 2d Ranger Bn. in Ft Lewis, WA., then an Airborne company in Alaska.   I guess RIP still means: "Ranger Indoctrination Program", not too many people are familiar with that acronymn.  I did mine at Ft Lewis.  It was a tough but fun three weeks.  I got out after 6 years, finished college and have been teaching high school math ever since.  The military was a great experience and I was proud to serve. 

Larry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus)