Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Target Slinging Challenge (Read 10911 times)
archeorob
Descens

Know when to duck!

Wisconsin
Re: Target Slinging Challenge
Reply #15 - Mar 15th, 2004 at 12:51pm

Wow, this sounds awesome!  As I'm hitting the same weather as MGreenfield, I'll have to wait until it warms up a little, but I'll make my target and post my scores by the end of the week!  MGreenfield, this rules!

Rob

Archeorob rob+Fullmer  
IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #16 - Mar 16th, 2004 at 8:04am

Well,  we have another slinger  in the target challenge. My son Anthony--11-- using his 28" sling scored 5 twice and 6 as his best! He was using the overhand release. He asked his baseball coach if he thought they would let him pitch this year with his new "arm extension" Grin

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #17 - Mar 16th, 2004 at 8:07pm

.....old guy, mgreenfield, hopped out of truck after work today & slung a 7, new record.   Definite improvement in short time, by concentrating on target & using standard (tennis ball) ammo.   Maybe there's hope!!  mgreenfield

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #18 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 7:59pm

...so  much for hope!  Undecided.   Slung 10 "frames" this eve.  Scores 5,4,5,4,6,4,4,3,5,2.  Lessons:  It's gonna take a lot  more practice, and quit when you're ahead.   Cheesy

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #19 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 9:40pm

Practice makes Perfect!

Those aren't bad scores.

I slung last night by flood lights. They are the kind that work by motion detectors. The balls kept bouncing past me an ending up in our fish pond Undecided I think I spent more time fishing them out then slinging. I had a couple 4s and 5s and one 6 at 25'

We are waiting for more of you slingers to join the fun Grin Grin

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #20 - Mar 18th, 2004 at 11:13am

I want to join, but Itīs taking time for me to make that target....- I havenīt even started yet  Undecided
This weekend we will not be at home so much.. So there is again not so much time over.. But I hope I soon will be able to join!!!

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

archeorob
Descens

Know when to duck!

Wisconsin
Reply #21 - Mar 20th, 2004 at 7:52pm

Ok, it was a beautiful 50 degrees outside today, so my target went up in the back yard and my brothers and I went at it.  I got several respectable 4's while my "no good, stinkin' brother" got a two 5's and a 6! 

What was especially cool is that there was consistant ammo and distance so that we were better able to work on technique.

In addition, I'm a newspaper photographer by trade, so with my really cool digital camera, we took some movies and then went inside to critique our form.  That might be the best tool for improvement that we've got.

Thanks MGreenfield for coming up with this challenge!

Rob

Archeorob rob+Fullmer  
IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #22 - Mar 20th, 2004 at 8:35pm

Ok Arch!

Don't you just love it

IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #23 - Mar 21st, 2004 at 1:20pm

In the SCA they allow slingers in their simulated medieval combat, and tennis balls are used, but sliced halfway through. I guess they're softer that way, and certainly don't bounce much.

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #24 - Apr 3rd, 2004 at 6:10pm

This not forgotten by ol' Greenie, fellow target slingsters.  My target still up in the garage.   Just spending time lately "adjusting form", ....a nice way of saying "starting from scratch trying to develop a method that will let smaller, uncoordinated ol' guys put more distance on the missile".    Can it be done?  Grin.   Just wasting time? ???   mgreenfield

IP Logged

WalkingBird
Descens

Slinger of stones

Reply #25 - Apr 3rd, 2004 at 6:32pm

mgreenfield
  Yes it can be done!! Cheesy

Because If you think you can, or you think you can't, in either case you'll be right.  Tongue

Therefore think you can and it is done.........Grasshopper.
Grin

WalkingBird
Who thinks mgreenfield can do this thing.

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #26 - Apr 4th, 2004 at 5:34am

Mgreenfield,

I'm sure you can. Proper shots don't require a big effort to get quite qood ranges. I see the unused potential in your throw, believe me. Maybe, it would be good idea to try a bit longer sling. You would get a better stone feeling and your arm would get some relief. I know every change of our habits is uncomfortable but after some practice it may work better.

Jurek

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Kick, Chris, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15)