Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Slingers versus archers (Read 18592 times)
Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Re: Slingers versus archers
Reply #30 - Feb 13th, 2004 at 9:10pm

David,

But what about the sling with the splited cradle?

Jurek  Roll Eyes

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #31 - Feb 13th, 2004 at 11:05pm

Yurek,

Maybe summer air conditioned wardroble--definately not winter wear!!

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #32 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 4:21am

*laugh*

Ahh... you guys....   Cheesy

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Hondero

Madrid-SPAIN
Reply #33 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 1:39pm

Definitively the sling as a wardrobe thing is very versatile and also non-discriminative unisex dress. For summer, like you guys say, the one of split pouch or better the one of pouch in mesh. For heavy winter one of dense leather, like those for projectiles of concrete with sharpened edges, and even in leather with hair. And for sundays  and festivities nothing better than a well braided and colourful Andean ceremonial sling, of ample pouch and with tassels at the ends. Hummm, the tassels would be placed behind. What I wouldn´t know is when to use the contest slings like those of Yurek-Whipartist... maybe to bathe?

He brought a conquering sword..., a shield..., a spear... , a sling from which no erring shot was discharged.&&
IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #34 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 1:51pm

Nice Hondero!!   Grin Grin *LOL*

Is there one special designed with tree Pouches for me??   Wink

Ulrica

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Hondero

Madrid-SPAIN
Reply #35 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 1:56pm

Ohh, difficult question....  you must use two slings:  the conventional one and another like that of the cestrosphendon, that has two pockets Cheesy

He brought a conquering sword..., a shield..., a spear... , a sling from which no erring shot was discharged.&&
IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #36 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 3:58pm

But Alas,

Thought I prefer the sling, the bow could serve as a quick retreat device when the acher is out gunned by the slinger in a winter battle.

He could use his bow as a ski and speed away-- asssuming he were on a hill. Or if one of his companions were killed by the mighty slinger, he could use two bows and ski away as in cross- country skiis? This of course is assuming that they were long bows--recuves might not work so well. Grin

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

sling.

Poland
Reply #37 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 6:37pm

Quote:
...He could use his bow as a ski and speed away-- asssuming he were on a hill...

In that situation the slinger has adventage over the archer too, because he can use his sling as a parawing and bomb the vamosed archer.

I'm sure that this thread will contribute to arising the new trend of fashion. It would be profitable for popularization of slinging too, since each fashionable person would wear a sling along.

Quote:
What I wouldn´t know is when to use the contest slings like those of Yurek-Whipartist... maybe to bathe?

That kind of a sling should be the best as an evenig lingerie, I suppose.

Jurek Wink

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #38 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 7:09pm

Yurek,

Wonderful idea mi amigo. Pedo, be sure that you have your wide pouch and not your mesh one or you, the slinger, will also be the projectile!   Shocked

I am practicing my espanol Grin

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

sling.

Poland
Reply #39 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 7:31pm

David,

Your Spanish is much better than mine, but I have understood your idea. I'm a bit surprised Cheesy

Just a slinger as an alive rock, something like a kamikaze. Of course, when the stones are finished off.

Jurek Cheesy

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #40 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 10:29pm

Yurek,

Actually what I mean is---if you used the mesh pouch, it would not catch the air as a parasail and you would fall to the ground like a stone. ooch!

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Feb 18th, 2004 at 11:00am

Ok, I have been convinced that the sling is better.  I was using low powered shots with small stones, but now I am using high powered shots with large stones, I believe it is better than the bow, or anything else.  I can also smuggle it to school and shoot the stupid kids with pieces of blu tac.  Now that is something you can't do with a bow.

IP Logged

Hondero

Madrid-SPAIN
Reply #42 - Feb 18th, 2004 at 11:21am

And in fact so much envy has the bow to sling that even exist bows to throw stones... well, there are also slings to throw arrows, but they are short darts that can´t be thrown by the bow Grin

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Feb 18th, 2004 at 12:24pm

In fact, it is possible to shoot short darts with the bow.  You use something called an arrow guide.  It is the same length as an arrow, a grooved piece of wood.  This is attached to the bow handle, and one simply draws the bow to the end of the arrow guide, with a dart, and lets fly.  The Koreans used to use these, as did the Indians, from around Delhi, who fought the Mongols.  The problem is that the dart can go mad and fly out of the groove and shoot the archer in the wrist.
   However, I agree that the sling is better... for some things.

IP Logged

Hondero

Madrid-SPAIN
Reply #44 - Feb 18th, 2004 at 2:52pm

You see, english, another advantage of the sling on the bow. You never will hurt the hand with it since the stone is always ahead  Grin. Jokes aside, interesting the  the adaptation of the bow for short darts. Which were the advantages on a conventional arrow? It was almost a crossbow...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Kick)