Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Static Recurve (Read 2770 times)
english
Ex Member

New Static Recurve
Feb 7th, 2004 at 12:45pm

Does anyone want to see my new home made (though not bad) static recurve bow?  You will have to wait a while for pics, because I will need to borrow my dad's digital camera, but it looks quite nice, and I want to show it to someone.

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Re: New Static Recurve
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 5:45pm

English,

What are you waiting for?  Show it already.  I have thought about curving the tips of one of my board bows.

jeff <><

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2004 at 4:46pm

Yea, that would be cool.  You can always email them to me if you need a web site to host them.

Chris

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2004 at 5:49pm

I will get onto those images, but they won't be online for about a week.  I have a lot of schoolwork for exams coming up, so I gotta keep my priorities. 
   Recurving the flat tips on a board bow is more difficult the wider the limbs are; if they are too wide, they won't bend as easily, and will slap back into place no matter what you do.  And do you want to keep the tips forward even wen at full draw, or do you want them to bend with the rest of the bow at higher draw weight?  These are all important considerations.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus)