Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New sling - no more Krispy Kreme (Read 7880 times)
justbarak

Nashville, TN
Re: New sling - no more Krispy Kreme
Reply #15 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 2:12pm

Congrats on selling a sling!  I would love to see mine, but I'd have to sell them for at least $200 for the time it takes to make one  Grin  The braiding and wrapping design is based on an Andean sling with a split cradle.  The color scheme is my own creation and nothing particularly cultural.  I was up at Arches National Park in Utah over the weekend and had a chance to try it out - the sling works great and a has a very satisfying crack on nearly every throw.  My aim is horrible, but my speed and distance is excellent.

WWW justbarak  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Re: New sling - no more Krispy Kreme
Reply #16 - Feb 21st, 2004 at 4:23pm

well, it takes me twenty minutes to make a really simple sling that looks nice, and I can sell.  So I sell them in bulk now, and cheap.  I have made nearly fifty pounds from slings.  Most of my slings are made up of cheap braiding rip offs - I don't have the patience to braid, or the skill, so I just wrap the sling in green thread.  Looks alright, even when closely analysed, and holds together well.  The pouch is created by adding extra string and tying it back with thread into two separate parts, so it forms a split pouch cradle thingy.  You then just put the sling on top of the radiator, so that it folds over due the heat, and forms the pocket properly.  Works well, and can shoot large stones.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Rat Man, Kick)