Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Slinging Technique #1 - Underhand (Read 8573 times)
Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Re: Slinging Technique #1 - Underhand
Reply #15 - Feb 8th, 2004 at 12:55pm

Quote:
Good style Ulrica, for the limitations of indoors. Outdoors, you have to open more the arm bacwards in the final whirl to get a good momentum in the throwing.
You are an advanced beginner Wink

Hallo Hondero!

Yeah, I was afraid of hitting something here, I donīt have enough space. And just the final throw makes me problems sometimes. I know in my head how I want to do it; When the stone is right back, I want to move my hand straight ahead against the "target" and when Iīm finisched my arm shall point right ahead. That is not so easy to do..... yet  Grin

Thanks for the nice word, they makes me grow!

Ulrica

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #16 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 12:49am

Ulrica,

Your wind-up looked GREAT!  Did you ever throw a baseball?  If so, I'd like to suggest that you try to wind up in just the same way as you did in the video, but instead or bringing it around and forward naturally and sideways on the release stroke, to rather to step forward whenh the pouch is exactly behind you and pitch the stone overhanded with full force of your weight going forward into the power stroke of your shot, just like sithcing a baseball, passing an american football or throwing a spear or paper aeroplane.  It's the same motion, and will ad even more power and consistency to your release stroke, while not changing your windup until the release stroke.

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #17 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 12:53am

Looking good Ulrica!

-----

Some of you might have to right click the link (control click on Mac with single button mouse) and select something along the lines of "Save link as" or "Save target as" or "Download link to disk".   Save it some where convinient.  You need Windows Media Player to run the movie.  Mac users, you will probably need to download it.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=windowsmedia

IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #18 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 12:58am

Dear Ulrica,

I also noticed another thing you might want to try, which helped me that also might give you more comfort and power/accuracy potential when throwing.  If you treat both cords as one, pinching them boith together, bringing the anchoring cord crossing naturally up from the anchoring finger in FRONT of your palm straight up across the index finger to the pinching thumb, just like the release cord, it will prevent fouling and take the release pressure off of the back/sides of your middle finger, making it easier and safer to sling harder and harder.  I also prefer a wrist loop which makes this sort of habit more natural, neccesary and automatic, and the wirst can absorb mor pull and punishment than any single finger can!  A mistake that would merely skin, or jerk the wrist hard could snap a finger completely broken!

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #19 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 9:04am

Hallo Magnumslinger,

Thank you so much for your advice! I will copy them so I really can memorize and try it outdoors when the weather allows it.

No, I have never trown a baseball, at least I can not remeber it. Maybe I touch one in School loooong time ago. I can understand how you mean, and I will try it!

by your second post; you mention another way to hold the Cords; it was some new words for me, but I will translate it at home.

Thank you again for all your advice!!!

Ulrica

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #20 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 9:07am

Quote:
Looking good Ulrica!

Thank you so much, Chris!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Chris, Kick, vetryan15, Morphy, Curious Aardvark)