Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Calculating Theoretical Sling Range (Read 17967 times)
Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Re: Calculating Theoretical Sling Range
Reply #30 - Jan 26th, 2004 at 6:47pm

I'm sure the ancient or balearic sling masters made no calculations or simulations. So they didn't know that some things are impossible Smiley I believe that some people could get the amazing skills which are actually impossible for most of us. If we look at the circus artists,  we see they just do "imposible" for us things! Well, it is result of a lot work, passion, talent and inherited experiences.

For me for example it is difficult to belive that someone can constantly hit with the stone into the small pool from 400 yards, as I have read about it on some website. I think that slinger probably did it ones or a few times and people have mythicized it. We love do it. Anyway I said only it is difficult to believe but didn't say it is impossible. I like Hondero's belief that acuraccy has no limit. If we do something well, we always may do it better, great Smiley

mgreenfield,

He he, I like your idea too Cheesy It would be great to organize The First World Slingers Symposium. Great, I love it!

Jurek

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

Hondero

Madrid-SPAIN
Reply #31 - Jan 26th, 2004 at 7:18pm

He he, guys... and girl, a meeting of Slinging.org to see videos. It would be nice. Good idea Ulrica, the meeting in the Balearic islands, the best place to spend the summer holydays. Come all to Balearic Is.  next summer to see the honderos liveĦĦ I invite you to the welcome dinnerĦĦ... We of this side of the Ocean we are at least more close... who knows, but already I advance to you that the Balearic ones are a little closed in themselves as good islanders and cultivate the sport of the sling for themselves, like a sign of identity, to half of way between the folklore and the sport. The sling is for them a tradition and do an effort to keep it up with fervour, but does not have the dimension of a sport competicion like athletics championships for example. I mean that the important thing for them is the participation more than quality. Thus, in theirs encounters you can see very good slingers mixed with fat ladies that they do not guess right a shot, or old men who long for their youthful skill. In fact theirs records, even being good, do not correspond to that ability that would have the mythical honderos of the antiquity, and perhaps any of them will snatch to Yurek the next Guiness  Grin. I have a video of one of those competitions from some years ago, but it is of bad quality as it´s a third copy. I live in Madrid and since two years ago haven´t talked with the Balearic people, with which I had much contact others times. I´ll write them to see if they have something new in regard to videos.

Yurek, if the forum continue growing up, may be one year we could organize this International Slinging Competition you say  Cheesy
Adelante ChrisĦĦ

He brought a conquering sword..., a shield..., a spear... , a sling from which no erring shot was discharged.&&
IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #32 - Jan 27th, 2004 at 12:32am

I think it would be great fun to have a slinging symposium, perhaps as part of a larger primitive weapons meeting.  It would be nice to put a face to all of your names.  Maybe when Jurek goes for his world record, we can all meet then.  Get Guinness to fly a bunch of us to some field site.   Tongue

Chris

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #33 - Jan 28th, 2004 at 7:49am

Quote:
...In fact theirs records, even being good, do not correspond to that ability that would have the mythical honderos of the antiquity, and perhaps any of them will snatch to Yurek the next Guiness...

He he. Hondero, I suspect some of them prepare to do it. Anyway if I even can't be the first, then though maybe I will mobilize others to do it. So I will feel my own part in it, or rather our common (some guys from slinging.org) part Cheesy  Because just they have encouraged me and gave some tips (not only for me, of course).

It is good, and maybe brings near the day of the official international slinging competitions Smiley I would like we meet on such occasion very much Smiley

Jurek Wink

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Morphy)